Getting Started

Cool as my version shows as 1.0.1.141, Im gonna switch to this mod (Im done with CCMAT as dont thinks its compadible, and mabey author gave up on it?)
ST

This is the main component of CCMAT anyway so you should feel at home. I'm unsure whether Jooyo is planning to update CCMAT, but even if he is he'll have to wait for the authors of all the mods he uses to update first.

Luckily for us ppl that need a balance mod to play Civ, Thal has responded quickly.

Thanks Thal.

Hi and thanks! Yes it seems that Thal is on top of things :) I wonder if his reccomended mods are still ok with the latest version of the game?

Happy Holidays everyone!!

This mod looks cool, but where do I download it? There is no 'Mods' Folder in my 'Sid Meier's Civilization v' folder!

I'm playing the Inca civilization and when I open the tech tree I didn't see any mention of the terrace under construction. Does your mod not include the latest DLC?

This mod looks cool, but where do I download it? There is no 'Mods' Folder in my 'Sid Meier's Civilization v' folder!

Go to the 1st post on this thread and click on the TB it will take you to the download page. Once you have downloaded the MOD (which the download will actually contain several MOD folders) unzip all of them into --> C:\<username>\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\

Hope this helps and Merry Christmas!!!

Thal - I found another bug - Trade Routes are able to cross water without a city and/or cities having to build a harbor.

Thal - I found another bug - Trade Routes are able to cross water without a city and/or cities having to build a harbor.

If I'm understanding you correctly, that's not a bug. I never built a harbor in vanilla for obvious reasons, and I've always had trans-continental trade.

If I'm understanding you correctly, that's not a bug. I never built a harbor in vanilla for obvious reasons, and I've always had trans-continental trade.

Harbor opened with researching Compass.
Description: A :c5trade: trade route can only cross between water and land tiles at a Harbor.
Maybe it was a bug in vanilla also. I'm not sure, but by what I read in that description in order to receive trade goods ( ie... luxury, strategic resources ) at least two harbors need to be built.

The official documentation is not to be trusted, unfortunately. Here is the manual: "forms a naval trade route with the capital city; +25% production of naval units." But the former means nothing because you don't need a road within your own empire. What the harbor does do, aside from the improved naval builds, is connect the city with the capital to gain the RR production increase even if there is no RR link, provided the capital has either a harbor itself or a RR link to one city with a harbor.

Harbor opened with researching Compass.
Description: A :c5trade: trade route can only cross between water and land tiles at a Harbor.
Maybe it was a bug in vanilla also. I'm not sure, but by what I read in that description in order to receive trade goods ( ie... luxury, strategic resources ) at least two harbors need to be built.

I think you're misunderstanding what the trade route mechanic does, which is to allow trade route *income* from the overseas city. Resources, be they happiness or strategic, are global, Harbors aren't necessary. It's kind of silly, but that's the way the game works. Txurce is correct.

I think you're misunderstanding what the trade route mechanic does, which is to allow trade route *income* from the overseas city. Resources, be they happiness or strategic, are global, Harbors aren't necessary. It's kind of silly, but that's the way the game works. Txurce is correct.

Thanks for reply Seek and Txurce - I understand now - I agree that it is silly - It would make a lot more sense to have to have a Harbor in order to receive all the benefits of a Trade Route. Maybe the Harbor could also be buffed some to make it alittle more worth wild to build ( ie... maybe a Gold bonus per water tile worked and instead of the +25% production bonus maybe +15xp for naval units ).

Thanks for reply Seek and Txurce - I understand now - I agree that it is silly - It would make a lot more sense to have to have a Harbor in order to receive all the benefits of a Trade Route. Maybe the Harbor could also be buffed some to make it alittle more worth wild to build ( ie... maybe a Gold bonus per water tile worked and instead of the +25% production bonus maybe +15xp for naval units ).

It's how Civ used to be... roads to other civs for overland trade as well. I think it changed because they got rid of road spam and made buildings expensive, but didn't want to forestall trade in a game where happiness is at a premium.

I made a Defensive pact with Germany. Description says it ends if either side DOWs anybody. It was all ok in the game, only there was no note of it ending. Is this ok or should it be addressed? :)

It's not clear whether either of you DO'd anyone. Presumably you did. I doubt this would fall under "bug" on the developers' list, but it's something that could be polished.

Tried looking this up as I know for a fact it's been answered before but no luck so...

My unit menu is missing in the lower left corner. I see the little >> expand arrows which I can click but that doesn't do much. How do I go about fixing this?

(make future search easier..) unit menu missing - unit menu gone - unit menu

I made a Defensive pact with Germany. Description says it ends if either side DOWs anybody. It was all ok in the game, only there was no note of it ending. Is this ok or should it be addressed? :)

It's not clear whether either of you DO'd anyone. Presumably you did. I doubt this would fall under "bug" on the developers' list, but it's something that could be polished.

Ups, sorry. No, Germany did, I was just a bystander. Like you said, only needs polishing, if there's time. :)

Top Bottom