Giant Earth Map - Version 4

Hi, I've putted the Your map in my mod (that has a dll with 60 cvs) bts 3.13 - when I try to play it happns the error in the picture... Could You help me and explain me why?
Translation of the error: Impossible to read the file of the editor "%1_WBName", this is only in my mod, cause in his specific mod it begin well (not tried to go on, I have still not vista 64)

Attachments

• NonCapiscoPerche.bmp
    341.1 KB · Views: 190
Maybe have I to change something in the dll?... If yes what and where? Please tell me cause i'd like to join Your map to my personal mod that is an increase of Regiment and Ethnic Diversity... I already modified Lt Bob's Dll to increase the number of civs from 40 to 60... I tried to copy Your map over Max&Engels Earth 34 civs but without results... You map appears in your mod... but I want to customize it for my own. Join civs and especially play with the regiments xml that gives units with 8/10 characters rather then the 3 of civ4. :confused:

This looks like a fantastic mod. I've been playing Civ since Civ3, but this is my first post. Please excuse my ignorance if I'm missing something obvious here, but I'm really struggling with getting this running and have done also with the previous mod i attempted.

I've followed instructions at the top, it loads, but crashes on my first turn. I can also only select 24 civs.

Looking through the forums i struggle to find any clear instructions as to how to get a mod running.

A few queries:

Do I simply download and follow the instructions to at the top? ie. extract the zip file to said location, load mod and start upon restart?

I hear mention of dll files etc on various posts... can anyone actually explain if I need to get/ edit this, and if so how?

I'm running v2.13 patch. I note Genghis' note at the top saying that it is only compatible with a previous version. Does anyone know if this has been changed to encompass 2.13 and if not can they point me in the direction of another good world map along with idiot proof instructions to run it.

I would very much appreciate any guidence on this, and apologies for any ignorance on my part. I very much enjoyed TeTurkens map with the civ3 ptw pack and lok forward to something similar.

I dl the map and it is excellent.

I just have two simple questions
1)i play with egypt and to discover mysticism in the beginning of the game i need 15 turns (prince dif). in the original earth map (bts 3.13 patch, and the unofficial) i need 8 turns. And the production is exactly the same. meaning 2 coins in both cases. Both in normal mode. so why the difference?

2)i have a dll in F:\My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\MODS\Giant Earth Map\Assets that i extracted from your zip. is this the dll with the 40 civs? and if so is this used when i load the mod? can i use my dll (3.13, with the bhruic unof patch) instead?

thanks!!!

I dl the map and it is excellent.

I just have two simple questions
1)i play with egypt and to discover mysticism in the beginning of the game i need 15 turns (prince dif). in the original earth map (bts 3.13 patch, and the unofficial) i need 8 turns. And the production is exactly the same. meaning 2 coins in both cases. Both in normal mode. so why the difference?

2)i have a dll in F:\My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\MODS\Giant Earth Map\Assets that i extracted from your zip. is this the dll with the 40 civs? and if so is this used when i load the mod? can i use my dll (3.13, with the bhruic unof patch) instead?

thanks!!!

RE 1): The mod uses a map type called "Giant". For balancing, technology would be more expansive because in this map, there is potentially more cities and hence produces more tech.

RE 2): I don't the bhruic unof patch would work with my mod.

This looks like a fantastic mod. I've been playing Civ since Civ3, but this is my first post. Please excuse my ignorance if I'm missing something obvious here, but I'm really struggling with getting this running and have done also with the previous mod i attempted.

I've followed instructions at the top, it loads, but crashes on my first turn. I can also only select 24 civs.

Looking through the forums i struggle to find any clear instructions as to how to get a mod running.

A few queries:

Do I simply download and follow the instructions to at the top? ie. extract the zip file to said location, load mod and start upon restart?

I hear mention of dll files etc on various posts... can anyone actually explain if I need to get/ edit this, and if so how?

I'm running v2.13 patch. I note Genghis' note at the top saying that it is only compatible with a previous version. Does anyone know if this has been changed to encompass 2.13 and if not can they point me in the direction of another good world map along with idiot proof instructions to run it.

I would very much appreciate any guidence on this, and apologies for any ignorance on my part. I very much enjoyed TeTurkens map with the civ3 ptw pack and lok forward to something similar.

Sounds like you are playing the warlord version. There are only 24 civs in warlord's version.

The warlord version can only be played with patch 2.08.

Maybe have I to change something in the dll?... If yes what and where? Please tell me cause i'd like to join Your map to my personal mod that is an increase of Regiment and Ethnic Diversity... I already modified Lt Bob's Dll to increase the number of civs from 40 to 60... I tried to copy Your map over Max&Engels Earth 34 civs but without results... You map appears in your mod... but I want to customize it for my own. Join civs and especially play with the regiments xml that gives units with 8/10 characters rather then the 3 of civ4. :confused:

It won't work in your 60 civs mod unless you change the details in the WBS, the map file in GEM.

It won't work in your 60 civs mod unless you change the details in the WBS, the map file in GEM.
Thank You. I made now and your map open succesfully in my mod. :) this if i open without changing civs, only increasing the number of player to 59.
Now it happens a strange thing: when I changed the standard civs with mine, For example Portugal with my modular Brasil, but too many others, the game changes the beginning position and make Brazil begin in persia, South Africa in Sweden, Italy in Brazil, natives in Mongolia and so on even if i've put the teams in their right beginning position... Do You know the reason why the maps think by their own without respecting orders? :mad: :confused:

Did anyone notice modern buildilng in some cities in pre-modern era?I found this map great.Just one thing bothers me,WHY there are modern skyscraper in some cities in pre modern or industrial era.Is it to map or dll.I first used original dll that comes with map than Lt.Bot,but same thing.Did anyone expirienced this?

Did anyone notice modern buildilng in some cities in pre-modern era?I found this map great.Just one thing bothers me,WHY there are modern skyscraper in some cities in pre modern or industrial era.Is it to map or dll.I first used original dll that comes with map than Lt.Bot,but same thing.Did anyone expirienced this?
maybe some civs started in modern era, I don't remember if the original map has this, but when I tried to make civs begin with different knowledge i changed this, the only effect was to change the graphics of the city...
BeginPlayer
Team=0
LeaderType=LEADER_Bush
LeaderName=George
CivDesc=United States of America
CivShortDesc=U.S.A.
CivAdjective=American
FlagDecal=Modules/Ethnic Units/Art/Interface/TeamColor/America.dds
WhiteFlag=1
CivType=CIVILIZATION_AMERICA
Color=PLAYERCOLOR_BLUE
ArtStyle=ARTSTYLE_EUROPEAN
PlayableCiv=1
MinorNationStatus=0
StartingGold=500
StartingX=181, StartingY=62
StateReligion=
StartingEra=ERA_ANCIENT
RandomStartLocation=false
CivicOption=CIVICOPTION_GOVERNMENT, Civic=CIVIC_DESPOTISM
CivicOption=CIVICOPTION_LEGAL, Civic=CIVIC_BARBARISM
CivicOption=CIVICOPTION_LABOR, Civic=CIVIC_TRIBALISM
CivicOption=CIVICOPTION_ECONOMY, Civic=CIVIC_DECENTRALIZATION
CivicOption=CIVICOPTION_RELIGION, Civic=CIVIC_PAGANISM
Handicap=HANDICAP_NOBLE
EndPlayer

I first play original maps that come with mod,even then I saw some corporate like building in some cities in early stages of game.Then I modified map so I can start in ancient era with all others civilizations(which I like to be in game) in ancient era,same thing is happening,corporate building in ancient time in some cities.Did anyone have expirienced this problem or have solution for it.

I first play original maps that come with mod,even then I saw some corporate like building in some cities in early stages of game.Then I modified map so I can start in ancient era with all others civilizations(which I like to be in game) in ancient era,same thing is happening,corporate building in ancient time in some cities.Did anyone have expirienced this problem or have solution for it.

Are you sure this is only to do with GEM? Have you got this problem with other mods or with the original game?

I like your earth map very much,so I even make some versions of history myself,but corporate building some cities in ancient or later time is annoying.

I played it, but it barely runs on my slow, 2006 computer. It's still great though.

How much Ram we talking that will be needed to run this sufficiently.. To me that means in the industrial/modern era it take about 1:30 TOPS inbetween turns?

What will I need for that RAM wise?

Thanks

Top Bottom