Git Update Log

Status
Not open for further replies.
New update:
- civilizations start with revealed territory in the 1700 AD scenario
- maximum withdrawal chance is 90% (even with rise or expansion benefits)
- minor civilizations can never prevent non-state religion spread
- fixed a bug that caused some victory goals to start out completed

New update:
- fixed renaming of Liyun
- fixed description of the first Pagan URV goal
- fixed Tibetan birth area
- third Incan UHV goal: changed deadline from by to in

New update: fixed civilization colours in the victory replay timelapse map

Due to limitations in the API, it is unfortunately not possible to do the same for the score graph below the map (I have tried several workarounds). It only shows the civilizations that exist at the time the game ends.

New update:
- removed some dubious loop fixes by Rhye
- removed birth protection benefit: additional withdrawal chance
- removed birth protection benefit: automatic withdrawal of damaged defenders
- removed expansion benefit: additional withdrawal chance
- dynamic names are updated when the capital is moved
- added Grand Principality name for Russia
- added medieval republic name for Russia
- fixed renaming of Russian Vil'na
- added Budapest as a Russian city name
- assigned unique hotkey for building Paddy Fields

New update:
- fixed a bug that granted free buildings from wonders to cities that are not a valid building for the city location
- instead of declaring war on spawn, AIs will sometimes only refuse to talk for a period of time
- fixed a bug that led to incorrect civilizations being collapsed to make room for new civilizations

New update:
- birth protection only prevents cultural spread into a tile if it is in range of one of their cities
- define mod version variable and store it in the game name
- set the mod version variable to automatically update with every commit

New update:
- fixed Python errors after civ switch
- corrected Thai city names

New update:
- removed first impression AI attitude modifiers
- increased impact of shared religion during the Renaissance (previously at the same low level as from the Industrial era onwards, now on par with the Classical and Ancient eras but still below the Medieval era)
- increased maximum impact of close borders on AI attitude (Rhye had previously increased the impact itself without adjusting the maximum, so the effect of the game is often not actually applied)
- increased impact of close borders on AI attitude where they affect core territory
- reduced AI willingness to trade technologies with civilizations that have already traded a lot of technologies
- reduced AI willingness to trade technologies that are not yet widely known

This concludes my balancing of AI relations and tech speed so far. Of course, my information is limited, but based on the logs research speed is now in reasonable parameters (I checked normal and marathon speed). Please keep an eye out and let me know your observations if things still feel off. Likewise, let me know how the new AI attitude rules affect diplomacy. I mostly balanced them according to AI behaviour, so if something feels off from the player perspective, I would like to know.

Last edited:
New update:
- reduced birth protection duration to 10 turns in all situations
- fixed culture bar display in city screen with high culture amounts

Last edited:
New update: add a temporary alert for when a first to discover requirement fails

New update: fixed scenario file parsing in zip installs

New update: fixed popup to declare war on spawned civilizations

New update: fixed a bug where a resurrection could interrupt and change the player turn order.

It was possible that when a player respawns, they would immediately become "active", i.e. it would become their turn. This would skip past any players that would normally take their turn before them and make them lose their turn. I am fairly certain that this is the bug causing what people have reported as AI players taking their turn twice before the player can go again.

In particular, it is also responsible for the bug where barbarians seem to spawn and immediately get to make their moves. What actually happened was that the barbarians spawn at the beginning of the turn, and then also at the beginning of the turn a resurrection takes places, shifting the turn order to the new player, who usually comes after the human player. This effectively skips past the human player and the barbarian turn begins before the human player turn can happen.

This update should fix both of these problems.

New update: fixed a bug that prevented completing a Unique Religious Victory after completing the final remaining goal

New update:
- fixed incorrect attitude from shared religion
- additional starting units intended for AI civilizations are now only created after the player decides not to switch to them

New update:
- ensured that unspawned civilizations do not get invited to congresses
- prevented baby boom event from triggering right after a civilization's spawn
- "convert after founding" goal fails immediately if not converted after the deadline
- units located at the spawning plot of a new civilization are relocated instead of flipped

New update:
- fixed check for building goals with unique buildings
- restored success announcement for completed victory goals

New update:
- fixed renaming of cities with special characters in their current name
- added Russian renaming for Lwów
- fixed capital relocation based on era

New update:
- fixed founding Protestantism on the Dutch spawn
- fixed assignment of tithe gold
- made congress start turn persistent across saves

Note: this change should be savegame compatible but if you load ongoing games, issues with congress timings etc. are possible, so be aware of that.

New update:
- slightly adjusted English city maintenance modifiers
- Japanese UP exempts them from increased AI unwillingness to trade techs that are not yet widespread
- fixed Uzbek name and adjective in the 1700 AD scenario

Note: this update is a breaking change - you can load saves but there may be slight issues with civ names and modifiers, I recommend only updating after completing your ongoing game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom