Give me 18, but not on Earth - new PBEM

In the interests of openness, I am next to him and we have been at war for millenia.
He has crossbowmen, and I will very shortly have rifles.
So, go figure....

AI will make it slightly easier for me.

I'm ok with that .. you just have to play out your war turns with one eye shut as handicap.

My apologies everyone! I hadn't checked the thread in a while, so I didn't notice this.

It appears Mayic is not doing so well. As I am also in the middle of being invaded and losing, I will take over his turns for now, unless we are able to find a replacement. If it is really looking terrible I will just retire him to AI to save us all the time and effort.

We've done a good job not using any AI for this far!

Edit: it doesn't look good... but its not TERRIBLE... I will play it for now, since I have no contact with myself, can't tech trade even if I did, and it's not like my civ is great either. I won't make peace with Zoot right away either.

Hi Guys, I've taken 9 turns since Dec 1, 2015 and its been 6 weeks since my last one. I've enjoyed this but we're moving to Florida in 4 weeks and I'm done trying to play in a timely manner as I lose interest with the gaps and etc, etc, etc. I'm posting for a replacement. If no replacement shows in the next couple of weeks I'll become an AI before I move. I've enjoyed my Fanatic Life; time to turn the page. Maybe return someday but for now :hatsoff:

Ahhh poo. That is sad news. You have been a very consistent pbem player. Good luck in Florida ... didn't realize you were so close to retirement :).

1 city, 4 soldiers and it will take 5-6 turns to get the forces positioned to finish it. if I remember correctly ;)

Things look pretty grand here! Never played with city flip after conquest setting, did it happen often in this game?

Tigranes has honored me with his decision to struggle for victory with my Persians. He knows of my involvement with various players. I wish him VICTORY :king:
Thanks guys :wavey:

It's a matter of time before he is dead. Also, can you please reply to my email?

No objections to AI Bj ... slight preference to having a non involved GiveMe18 player play his last few turns.

And ... do we want a gmail forwarding account for this game? I can set that up but I would need people's email addresses and the turn order. I'll see what I can dig up.

Edit: Updated Player Info from first thread (with dead people removed)
1) Sitting Bull of the Native Americans - Nighthawk419 / Night Hawk
3) Huyana Capac of Inca - Bathsheba666 / ZootHornRollo
4) Charlemagne of Holy Rome - Imperator Kneodel /
6) Mansa Musa of Mali - Majic (currently played by Nighthawk?)
8) Shaka of Zulu - Eclipse4449 / Eclipse
10) Zara Yaqob of Ethiopia - Ruff.Hi / Ruffster John
13) Darius of Persia - Chasbolt / Tigranes (in transition)
14) Willem van Oranje of the Dutch - bjarkekr
16) Wang Kon of Korea - Michkov / Dangun Wanggeom
17) Montezuma of Aztec - sinimusta / Lu Thor

Confirmed gmail forwarding ! let's see if this tool works...

So where is this game at?

Also, if this game is still alive, I propose two house rules:
1) No AP-vote, I think most agree that it can be exploited and it's gamey.

2)Banning nukes. Nukes render a lot of the options that modern warfare offers useless and thus decrease tactical decisions. Also seeing your super cities destroyed isn't fun to anyone, conventional warfare is imo more fun and rewarding for the both sides. Also better to ban them now rather than during the industrialization when people have started to plan for an early Manhattan project.

Also, although my civ is spiritual, maybe we should limit the use of civic/reli switches. Knoedel might have suggested this earlier, but I don't remember if any decision regarding it was made.

The game is still active. Night Hawk is away but I have emailed him about Bj ... I think he will play the last few turns.

Re your house rules. No to them all. This game is very well developed and I don't think we can change them now. I fully understand what you are saying (me more than most for #2 at the moment given IALS) but no, I don't want any of those house rules.

I vote for my house rules, obviously, but against the other two suggestions.

Top Bottom