GK2- The Training Day Experiment

Five down last night and will play the last 5 tonight - Nothing special happening except we are now a democracy.

Turn Log 1

1350 AD – Turn 0 – Trade Silks to France for 220g – Trade Incense to France for 18gpt – Trade Sanitation to Germany for 22gpt + 57g – Trade Sanitation to England for 28gpt + 110g – Begin revolt to Democracy

IBT: Nothing

1355 AD – Turn 1 – Revolt to Democracy is complete – Research to 80% gets combustion in 3 – Load up 3 galleons with worker for the new world – clean pollution on the home island and add rails to the new lands – Spend 180g to rush a temple & library – Trade wines to England for WM + 14gpt + 50g – Trade Silks to England for 16gpt + 5g

IBT: Salamanca hospital->factory – Arbela harbor->temple – Oil Springs infantry->settler – Panama library->temple – Rostov temple->library

1360 AD – Turn 2 – 2 more galleons on the way with workers – more railing & irrigating

IBT: Zimbabwe hospital->factory – Tokyo hospital->temple – Grand River hospital->temple – Oil Springs settler->infantry – Akwesasne factory->hospital – Objiwe harbor->temple – Owego temple->library

1365 AD – Turn 3 – Settler founds Memory of GK – Clean up a little pollution – Rail & irrigate

IBT: 2 French cavalry at the border - Discover combustion research mass production at 60% (due in 4) – Persepolis hospital->settler – Grand River temple->cathedral – Arbela temple->cathedral – Allegheny hospital->destroyer– Bactra harbor->cathedral - Chondote library->temple – Ganogeh factory->university

1370 AD – Turn 4 – Reinforce border city – 16 workers delivered to new world – lots of railing

IBT: Joan comes calling asking for MPP & ROP and we trade our WM to her for 60g + WM – Susa builds Battlefield Medicine – Oil Springs infantry->infantry – Ton of Wanda hospital->temple

1375 AD – Turn 5 – Drop off 4 more workers (that should be enough) – Ships will be stationed by Gayagaahe and Tyendenaga – Surprise, more railing & irrigation

-- Time for a break –

IBT: Russia & Germany sign MPP – French troops leave – Persepolis settler->temple – Susa cathedral->infantry – Tokyo temple->factory – Grand River cathedral->infantry – Mauch Chunk hospital->factory – Gordium bank->temple

1380 AD – Turn 6 – Settler founds Bugsy’s Seaside home – More railing & gardening

IBT: Swap TM to Otto for his WM + 10g – Arbela cathedral->factory – Allegheny destroyer->destroyer - Oil Springs infantry->infantry – Hlobane hospital->university – Kagoshima library->university _ Centralia transport->temple – Oka library->temple

Turn 7 – 1385 AD – Upgrade a couple galleons to transports – More railing & irrigating – drop research to 40% as MP is due next turn

IBT: Rebuff Lizzie’s demand for refining then sell her our WM for WM + 40g – Discover Mass Production research Motorized Transportation at 60% (due in 4) – Persepolis temple->factory – Susa infantry->infantry – Grand River infantry->infantry – Ton of Wanda temple->factory – Akwesasne hospital->destroyer – Bactra cathedral->university – Ganogeh university->temple – Bugy’s Seaside Home harbor->temple

Turn 8 – 1390 AD – Trade Refining to France for WM + 86gpt + 120g – Trade Refining to England for 41gpt + 120g – Trade The Corporation to Germany for WM + 15gpt + 20g – Joined about 10 workers to smaller cities to reduce support costs – Trade Steel to England for Furs + 21gpt + 7g – Trade Wines to France for 11gpt + 6g – Trade Refining + Wines to Germany for 2gpt + 5g + Spices – Raise luxury rate to 20% to add some happy people

IBT: Salamanca factory->temple – Niagara Falls factory->cathedral – Oil Springs infantry->infantry – Neodakheat temple->library – Godium temple->factory – Chondote temple->university – Ganogeh temple->hospital – Memory of GK temple->market – Orleans builds Magellan’s Voyage

1395 AD – Turn 9 – Clean up pollution – Add rails & irrigate land

IBT: Salamanca temple->cathedral – Susa infantry->infantry – Grand River infantry->infantry – Allegheny destroyer->destroyer – Kahnawake university->temple – Sidon hospital->university

1400 AD – Turn 10 – Repeat of turn 9

You could pretty much sum up this turnset in three sentences:

1. I've been working on the railroad
2. Gardening is your friend
3. Give the people the vote and they'll work faster and research more

Not much else to say, we'll have Motorized Transport in soon, then flight and radio before entering the Modern Era. I think ecology is the freebie. The next player should probably start a palace going as a UN pre-build. I concentrated on improving the new world and adding happy faces & production to the home island. We might consider wiping out everyone on the New World except for that one small island to allow us to decomission most of our military (it is costing about 100gpt). It would also be a nice excercise in managing the domination limit. The one negative about my turnset, it that future players will be forced to play "whack a mole" with the upcoming pollution the factories and larger populations will be spawing.

OK it's been 4 days, who wants to play this one next?

Tron, Mistfit or KayEss - anyone have time to grab it over the weekend?

It is an open roster so anyone can play, just post a "got it".

I'm not sure I'm going to be around tomorrow of not. If I am, I'll take it. I'll know later today.

Sorry, I wasn't able to do anything with this yesterday. I can go ahead and take it. Hopefully I 'll have my turns posted by Tuesday night.

Here's my Got It.

Cool..... I'm over 30 posts (finally) :goodjob: Now I can have a "little car thing avatar". I'll have to work on that this week too.

1400 AD - Turn 0
Check out all the cities. Not much to change. Micromanage a couple to maximize $$ without sacrificing production.

Here we go...

IBT

Osaka Hospital -> Bank
Niagra Falls Cathedral -> Infantry (for lack of anything else)
Oil Springs Infantry -> Palace (pre-build)
Akwesasne Destroyer -> Battleship
Gewaugwa Harbor -> Court

France moved Cav up to our border. I don't think Joan is up to anything.

1405 AD - Turn 1

Not much to note. Water, road, rail...water, road, rail.
I did start irrigating over mines around some of our unproductive cities in old Zulu lands.

Drop science slider to 30%, Motorized Transportation in 1.

IBT

Motorized Transportation comes in, set my sights on Radio. MM cities to get it in 5.
Salamanca Cathedral -> Tank
Susa Infantry -> Tank
Grand River Infantry -> Tank
CRAP - Nara riots. :mad: I must have hurried through F1. I don't usually blow that one. Hire taxman.
MM other cities.

1410 AD - Turn 2

More of the same. Builder turns.

IBT

Allegheny Destroyer -> Destroyer
Satsuma Hospital -> Harbor
Objiwe Temple -> Library (MM hire scientist so not to waste food)
Ganogeh Hospital -> Cathedral

1415 AD - Turn 3

Water, water, water. OVer in our Russian lands, if it's flat it is wet.
I'm gathering the workers in Tblisi. I'll probably ship most of them back over to the mainland, but leave a few behind.

IBT

Zimbabwe Factory -> Cathedral
Salamanca Tank -> Tank
Susa Tank -> Tank
Niagra Falls Infantry -> Tank
Grand River Tank -> Tank
Tarsus Uni -> Hospital
Caughnawaga Factory -> Cathedral

1420 AD - Turn 4

More watering, and converting unused mines to fertile farmland.
Buy a Harbor in Krasnoyarsk to get that island connected to our vast Democracy.

Check F1 nothing to change
Check F4 nothing of interest. I may want to trade in 4 or 5 turns just to make sure I'm getting all their gold.

IBT

Oka Temple -> Tank
Camp Mistic Hospital -> Cathedral (MM scientist and put him back to work)
Krasnoyarsk Harbor -> Aqueduct
Ganogeh Cathedral -> Tank

1425 AD - Turn 5

More worker moves, but I'm almost out of things to do with them. I'll probably ship them over to the mainland so I can keep up with pollution. So far pollution hasn't been a problem though.

F1 Check - Slider down to 50%, Radio in 2.

IBT

Zimbabwe Cathedral -> Tank
Salamanca Tank -> Tank
Pasargadae Uni -> Temple
susa Tank -> Tank
Grand River Tank -> Tank
Arbela Factory -> Battleship
Allegheny Destroyer -> Infantry
Centralia Factory -> Temple
Akwesasne Battleship -> Battleship

1430 AD - Turn 6

Loaded up some tanks into transport and sending over to Russian lands, in case we are sneak attacked. Also, when I get there I'm going to bring some workers back to help with pollution, since we completed two more factories last turn.

F1 Check Can't pull down the slider and still get Radio in 1, so I fire all my scientists and hire taxmen.

IBT

Radio comes in, set to Flight.
Niagra Falls Tank -> Tank
Antioch Library -> Temple
Centralia Temple -> Cathedral
Tyendenaga Factory -> Battleship
Caughnawaga Cathedral -> Infantry
Panama Temple -> Court
Ganogeh Tank -> Infantry
Oiogouen Temple -> Aqueduct

1435 AD - Turn 7

Unloaded some new troops in Novgorod and loaded up 8 workers which I'll drop off on our other island to help rail there.
Mr. Clean is busy scrubbing the countryside clean.

F1 Check Adjust slider, Flight due in 4.
Bought Aqueduct in Sevastopol.
Bought Aqueduct in owego.
Bought Aqueduct in Novgorod.
Bought Granary in Smolensk.
Bought Aqueduct in Tblisi.
Bought Harbor in Sewee.
Bought Aqueduct in Neodakheat.
Bought Harbor in Kiev.
Bought Harbor in St. Petersburg.
Bought Market in Odessa.
Bought Aqueduct in Krasnoyarsk.

IBT

Zimbabwe Tank -> Infantry
Salamanca Tank -> Infantry
St. Peters Harbor -> Granary
Susa Tank -> Infantry
Grand River Tank -> Infantry
Allegheny Infantry -> Infantry
Kiev Harbor -> Aqueduct
Neodakheat Aqueduct -> Granary
Smolensk Granary -> Market
Odessa Market -> Granary
Sevastopol Aqueduct -> Granary
Bactra Uni -> Factory
Tblisi Aqueduct -> Harbor
Novgorod Aqueduct -> Harbor
Krasnoyarsk Aqueduct -> Granary
Owego Aqueduct -> Granary
Skanna Temple -> Harbor
Sewee Harbor -> Temple

1440 AD - Turn 8

Unloaded second transport of troops in Tblisi and loaded up 8 workers to return to the mainland. Pollution is popping up nearly every turn now, so we'll need those guys.

F1 Check Nothing to change. Flight in 3.

IBT

Persepolis Factory -> Cathedral
Pasargadae Temple -> Cathedral
Concord Court -> Cathedral
Cattaraugus Hospital -> Cathedral (Fired 3 Taxmen and put them back to work)
Mauch Chunk Factory -> Cathedral
Ganogeh Infantry - Infantry
Seneca Temple -> Harbor

1445 AD - Turn 9

Cleaning pollution.

IBT

Zimbabwe Infantry -> Tank
Salamanca Infantry - Tank
Susa Infantry -> Tank
Niagra Falls Tank -> Tank
Grand River Infantry -> Tank
Arbela Battleship -> Battleship
Allegheny Infantry -> Tank
Satsuma Harbor -> Factory
Centralia Cathedral -> Tank
Caughnawaga Infantry -> Tank

1450 AD - Turn 10

Cleaning pollution. Loading transports.

F1 Check Slider down to 50%, Flight in 1. Nothing else to change.

Pass off report.
I've never built so many cathedrals ever!

There just isn't anything to build right now. I have a Palace pre-build in Oil Springs due in 10. The next player needs to try to time that with Fission so we can pick up the UN right away. Be careful not to let it build, I really don't want our capital there.

There are two transports of troops about 4 tiles West of Gayagaahe. I was going to drop them in the former Russian lands and pick-up workers.

There is a stack of workers outside of Tblisi, many of which can be taken back to the mainland.

There are two transports with workers headed for the mainland. One is just North of Novgorod and the other is just off the coast of Gayagaahe. They are desperately needed for pollution control.

It's probably time to trade with our neighbors again. I didn't really see a good time.

Been awhile since I've had a shot at this one. So I'll take it and spin off ten.

Nice turns, tron. Looks like thoughtful play. Especially the handling of the corrupt towns.

I think I will try and set us up for the last push to Neardom for the finish run.

:aargh:

Been over a week and I still can't find the Civ3 1.29 CD, so "spinning off ten" ain't in the cards. Sorry guys, I was looking forward to :hammer:

I'll take Bede's turn unless we have a brave lurker who wants to give it a go. I can't play until tomorrow though.

I had an unplanned visit to my grandparents this past weekend so I could worke on her computer, so I did not play over the weekend. But I got 3 turns completed tonight. I'll have more tomorrow.

That sounds great. Who's going after gator? Are there any lurkers here who want to take a spin?

Actually I'm working on something that will let everyone play next. It probably won't be ready until the weekend though.

As evident by my not posting, I'm running into a little problem with my exercise. I need the help of someone familiar with editting the save file. Please pm me if you would like to help.

Thanks

I didnt want to post before I went threw it all!!! (Well I'm barely half way in, but I had to de-lurk) This thread is AWESOME!!!!!

It's a real soap with great adivice ... Babies where born, friend where mades, people promotes, even someone's equip their appartment with a proffessor stuffs...(stealing blenders?!!? sorry for reminding u) + of course entire civilizations thumbling down into history!!!! that's great!!!!

B4 I was a self made Regent player with Domination victories and conquest... you guess it I was a Warmonger in the making.... I'd trouble though controlling my NEEDS for Millitary mights (dont know if its a correct word but hell I'm french ;) )

Anyway Lots of the war techniques I've seen yet in this thread I already knew them... like Skirmmish the Immortals, using geography to an advantage (which is a MUST DO if you want to be warmonger) and even corridor of death!!!! @It happen to me (undelibelecsasd well... didnt plan for it) in a beautifull continent conquest against angry irishman being slaughter in a edge of the world where they where trapped... while their main land was barelly protected... beautifull setting... being there would have been a real good braveheart sequence, member being pulled off, bodies lying everywhere *PLUS I had Viking and Beserkers at that point... every Warmonger wet dream(slaughtering people with freaking AXE)* ... anyway went on with the largest continent in an archipel map and dominating all oceans, seas and even river!!!! my greatest victory yet!!! the one I still dream about!!! :)

Now I learn a lot about City placement... Worker not set on AUTO, A lot about not building early Wonders... well wasnt a HUGE fan of it... but sometime lost some shield on it... Now I aim Sun Tzu, Leonard and Smith.... not always but... if you plan on having a HUGE army to kick ass... its usefull....

anyway a THOUSAND time THANK YOU for existing being there and doing this!!!! I'm now starting monarch epic solo game (MY computer not connected to the net yet!) and have a HUGE early advantage.... I've blowed up already my biggest treat and playing in a Macavelian way with my others enemies faith!!!! I guess I'll have to move up again!!! (Things that looked IMPOSSIBLE b4 I logged here)

Another time Thank you (a thousand plus 1)

Top Bottom