[G&K] Gods & Kings warmongering

zxcvbob

Emperor
I purchased BNW before G&K, so have haven't played many G&K games. I decided to try a culture victory in GK just to see what it's like. I know it won't be peaceful. I haven't finished one yet (have several concurrent games going) but in all of them, one AI or another will declare war on me, and I fight them off until I have the upper hand, and they offer me a generous peace settlement. 40 or 50 turns later, they are back again and we have another war and I raze a couple of their crappy cities and they offer me all their gold and a few luxuries for peace. Next time they might offer me a really nice city. Rinse and repeat. In the first war they are usually stronger than me but my cities are fortified and I defend well. In subsequent wars, they will attack even if I have the stronger military.

It's usually fairly profitable but it's getting annoying. What happens if I wipe them out? Will everybody hate me like in BNW, or does warmongering not matter much in GK? And what if they do hate me? There doesn't seem to be a world congress where they can punish me like BNW.

I finally wiped him out (Oda) and nobody seemed to care, but 3 of us were at war with him (they invited me) and the last city was a city state which I liberated. So it wasn't a good test.

I lost the game; 5 turns away from me finishing the Utopia Project, Saladin got a science victory. He had appeared to be going for a culture victory too, and when I built Sidney Opera House and pulled ahead he switched gears. I'm not sure how he had policies in Piety and Rationalism at the same time, the policy screen said I couldn't do that so I didn't try, I took Commerce for my last tree instead. (probably wouldn't have made a difference) I went Tradition, Piety, Honor (right side), Freedom, Commerce, finished Honor, Utopia.

Arabia was on the same continent as me and had me outclassed the entire game; stayed about 5 techs ahead, beat me to a bunch of wonders (but I got some good ones) and had a larger military.

Top Bottom