Good mods

johnfalcon99977

Assassin
I want to know if there are any good mods out there. I heard of a mod that puts together a bunch of mods, but I don't know. If you know where it is, I will be very thankful.

there are many such mods CCMAT playwithme and megamod come to mind go to mod forum and see the threads there

Huge fan of City-State Diplomacy Mod, because it requires you to build diplomatic units and send them to City-States, while also removing mini-quests like eliminating rival City States. The latter kind of blows up late games in vanilla, because the AI will often go nuts and conquer neighboring CS's anyway.

I like Balance - Terrain Improvements a great deal, specifically for the ability to improve luxury and strategic resources with great people. In vanilla, I often avoid tile improvements with GP's mid-game, for fear of building an academy, merchant house, or monument on a late appearing strategic resource. While this mod doesn't alleviate the risk of placing an academy on a future oil tile, it makes for interesting uses for GP's. (Engineers on mines, quarries; merchants on sugar; artists on gold, etc)

Balance - Social Policies is also a personal favorite, as it gives you a free policy each era, along with tweaking some of the 2nd or 3rd tier early policies, making them an interesting choice. Haven't played a game, post-patch with this one, so I might not enjoy it as much as I did in the past. Still, a mod that grants a free policy each era is a very, very good addition to the game.

I'm looking at Food Economy MOD closely. I want to try it next game.

Search 'EasyMoney'. There are simple mods that change one unit through mods that change gameplay.

I have an important question regarding mods, specially the big ones like the Economy Mod:

How do these mods affect AI? Does it adapt to the new rules? For example, in the City State dciplomacy mod, does the AI do good use of these "diplomatic units"?

Rokklagið;10054340 said:
I have an important question regarding mods, specially the big ones like the Economy Mod:

How do these mods affect AI? Does it adapt to the new rules? For example, in the City State dciplomacy mod, does the AI do good use of these "diplomatic units"?
:yup: AI knows the new rules introduced in these mods & acts accordingly.

Well sometimes they do sometimes they don't. In CS diplomacy the A.I. does indeed use the units, although as gazebo has noted sometimes it uses them a bit awkwardly. But in the caravans mod component I made, e.g., the A.I. doesn't build them.

Top Bottom