GOTM 31 Pre-Game Discussion

Originally posted by Stone Wolf
Or maybe that we'll be starting on a land tile of some sort. ;)

aww come on- y'all are being too harsh on 'ole Ainwood. I think the X-Y wrapping scheme will be revealed next. But seriously, standard map changes everything! I was convinced that raging barbarians would lead to a Zulu-deity-huge-pangea conquest/dom-fest w/the Dutch as our sole opponents (of course). I have gathered already that it'll be one opponent via a simple algorithm that can effectively predict ainwood's GOTM variables based on the announcement post; in this case just add the number of words in the post (not counting articles, hyphenated words count as one, =86 in post 1), divide by 16 (the max number of civs we might face, =5 remainder 6), take this truncated quotient and subtract it from the remainder, voila- number of opponents (6-5=1)! Amazing, isn't it? My initial calculation was -2 opponents, but I re-trained the algorithm based on the latest bit of info, and now I have complete confidence in 'GOTM var predictor v1.01'. I'll get back to you as the other algorithms evolve (I'm getting real close on predicting X-Y wrapping!)

Originally posted by ainwood
:hmm: I must be getting a bit too predictable.

A bit more info: One of the Civ traits is 'industrious' :mischief:

oooohhhh... maybe it'll be the Maya. mmmm... barbarian slave workers... yum! :mwaha:

So no large map. The rest is still good though ;)

I've check all the GOTM since the first one.

We know that the civ is Industrious and the map is a standard one.

Here are the civ which are industrious : Chinese, Egyptians, American, French, Persians, Ottomans, Carthaginians.

As we played month ago GOTM with Egypt, Spain, American and Han (Chinese), there are only 4 left : French, Persia, Ottomans and Carthaginians.
Ottomans and Carthaginians were played on GOTM 17 and 19.

As Persia and France were played once months ago I've think, we will play Persia (70%) or French (30%).

Using statistics in order to find the difficulty level, I've find we will have an emperor game for the GOTM31.

Here is the file used.

LeSphinx

Attachments

• gotms.gif
    gotms.gif
    20.5 KB · Views: 424
Originally posted by ainwood
:hmm: Some of those percentages are very high.... :mischief:
Is that another hint ainwood? Maybe the percentages are too high, and you're not going to let us have it so easy as the last 4 months!

Endeed, This percentage are very high.
But for me it's all the player have improved their game.
For exemple, the First Deity level game was GOTM07.
Only 19% of player succed in winning the game.
Here are all the Deity Game:
GOTM07 19% of winners
GOTM14 16% of winners
GOTM20 59% of winners
GOTM25 79% of winners (Demigod)
GOTM26 74% of winners
For me, players have improved their game thanks to the forums.

With a monarch level game, the percentage are around 80% and more!

LeSphinx

I like this drip feeding clues thing... :thumbsup:

I hope we play as China at emperor level. I would like to see a continents map with 3 main landmasses + some smaller islands, set up so you can't reach domination by only taking over two landmasses.

I hope the number of 1 tile islands is reasonable to allow conquest as an option, and I hope that navigation or lots of suicide galleys will be needed to meet new friends.

Most of all, I hope I get to finish this month :p Now that really is wild speculation.

Re traints: darn! I woke up at 4 AM, read the posts, and planned to send in a joke "Guess what clue ainwood would give us next" and guess gender and one trait. Figured I post at work. Just call me a bashful psychic (My wife calls me worse)

Re: percentages --remmber the percentages are for submitted games; they don't include people who lost and did not want to report it or people who simply did not finish.

Back to traits: Joan vs. the X-man? Will he give us a chance to be the guy we love to hate or the girl saint (whose country is currently considering banning religious headware...irony rules, doesn't it?).

Since there's an always war succession game going on with Persians as spotlight civ, I think it'll be Joan.

Level: Emperor (he doesn't want to scare us yet) but with resources and 2-3 luxaries nearby.

Handicaps/penalties: Predator: since last time was 1 settler, no worker, this time will be 1 worker, no settler. :)

That's just silly... nearly as silly as starting us on a boat with no land in sight.... :D

True, but remember the old tourney game where the only way to stop the barbarian charging you at game start was to pop the goody hut with your worker (or settler) to get the warrior you REALLY needed right then and there?

Hopefully we will get to play Industrious at full Vanilla/PTW strength, not nerfed as one of the preparations for C3C.

Originally posted by AlanH
... , but did you know you can qualify for the Heroic Epic just by destroying a barb with an army?

Learn something new everyday. :)

I feel this GOTM is gonna be emperor or higher, perhaps.....demi-god. Rationale: the elite players are getting restless, time to up the happiness slider or turn one of us into an entertainer. It could be AlanH. We could dress him up in a proper red tunic and fill him w/ lots and lots of stout. Then, we could all sit back and listen to him croon, "I'm Henry the eigth I am. I'm Henry the eigth I am......" ;)

Top Bottom