Goz -10 Slow Motion is our Potion

Then shall i sign peace when we have the cities on our continent ?

Raze all cities we took from them to stop culture flips ?

Then we can attempt to build a strong empire on the ground we have.

grahamiam said:
usually, in the sg forum, we try to avoid these gotm style exploits. these games are more about survival than fastest finish.

Gozpel said:
Reputation is golden in my SG's. I rather lose with my rep intact than not. Sometimes you can't help it, like the AI cutting a road on the other side of the world.

Wacken, we are not in Kansas anymore.

well, for some of us, the gotm exploits get quite boring. how fun is a RoP rape anyways? palace jumps? ship chaining?

In order to breath new life into the game, we play with an arm and a leg tied behind our back or with a blindfold, or while holding our breath :lol: The point of this forum is not fastest finish, it's to have fun! For most of us, part of the fun is actually having a chance to lose the game :)

You want the mother-of-all-comebacks? go checkout goz8 ;) http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=106588 We often get in over our heads here, but we're not afraid to lose :spank:

Agree with grahamiam wholeheartedly. That's why I stopped with GOTM after one submission. I am not playing to exploit the game to the fullest.

We play to have fun!

I didn't want to turn this into a gotm style vs sg style discussion :) I enjoy both, and would do more gotm's if I had time. one persons exploit is another person's playstyle, and I'm not here to squash either :)

WackenOpenAir said:
Then shall i sign peace when we have the cities on our continent ?

Raze all cities we took from them to stop culture flips ?

Then we can attempt to build a strong empire on the ground we have.

Yes to all the above.

Indeed, I've also enjoyed both and have had my fun in G/COTM. I've come to enjoy the SG format a bit more though. Between getting to only play around 20% of the turns and the oftentimes crazy variants that have been cooked up, its lead the games here to be a bit more memorable for me. Then again if I put my mind to it I can remember the look of GOTM maps from over three years ago, so they have also been quite memorable.

Don't worry, slow motion is our potion. Or so I've heard.

:lol:

We are never in a hurry really in my games, if you need an extra day or even two, it's alright as long as you say so.

All the sentiments above are the basics for a fun SG. Goz-8 was a pretty good game, too bad I wasn't around to see the finish. But we were dead more than once in that game and we managed to sort it out (or the rest of the team rather:) )

Goz - The squeeze was a completely crazy variant, which failed twice. But it taught me stuff about the game.

LK-series, especially the 5CC ones are amongst the greatest variants I ever played.

If this game will take to modern era, I don't care as long as we all have some fun. :)

With these peacefull plans, and this variant, i think we must just settle with what we have pretty much.

Since we need 2 defenders in each town, the value of ICS is drastically reduced. If ICS is even without your laws of fun of course :)
No ICS also reduces the rewards from conquest by a large chunk.

Therefore, i think conquest is secondary now for a while. We should concentrate on reaching the Industrial age for railroads, factories, Hoover if at all possible and some healthy cities.

Further recommendations:

make sure there is never more than 1 english citizen in any city. This means producing some workers and disbanding some english towns.
London should probably be disbanded anyway because of it's cultural strength. I think Oxford, York and Hastings should also be replaced.

Tyendenaga and Gramawaga are not worth any improvements. They should just get all irrigated tiles, grow to the size they can and support scientists. Same will be for the cities we are gonna build in the north. Please do not build harbors or libraries here.

We also have some luxes for trade, we could even buy a technology right now. I decided to wait for the english war to end. America i believe is missing a tech that we can probably get from england.

Bede has it and will play today.

NOt much to do here but shift some troops around. Looks like one more town to go to clear the English unless there is a landbridge I can't see inthe fog to the north of Nottingham.

Map trading is available and that tells me that we don't have anything to fear in trading luxuries for maps and money and it is way past time to start collecting map data So, I sell Wine for his Territory map and 116g. Then trade Dyes to Hittites for his map 84g and 8gpt. And the last of the Dyes to Hannibal for his World Map and 20g+1gpt.

Getting ready for some determined leader fishing here.

Start the assault on Nottingham with a veteran knight and the first pike dies, second veteran knight retreats without scratching the pike, first elite knight takes on the unpromoted pike and takes the town without promotion.

There are some deals to be made on opening for things like Education and Invention. As well as a peace treaty to negotiate with England.

We can combat the conversion risk in two ways: big enough garrisons and national culture. Removing Gloucester on the island to our hands will also help with the northern towns. Liverpool on its island is a problem to which I have no solution.

Top Bottom