HNDY15 - AWD...again. As the Iroquois

handy900

Deity
0 for 2 in AWD :( , we try again on a small continental map as Hiawatha.

C3C 1.22 Patch
Level: Deity
Variant: Always War :hammer:
Map Type: Continents
Size: Small

Civilization: Iroquois
Temperature: Warm
Climate: Wet
Barbarians: Can't Remember
Rivals: Random
AI Aggression: Who knows

Victory Condition:All enabled
Culturally linked starts: Off
Respawn: Off
Preserve Random Seed: On
Cultural Conversion: On

Roster
1. Handy
2. ThERat
3. Greebley
4. Admiral Kutzov
5. Bede
6. Sir Bugsy

Always War Boilerplate as we play it.
You may only trade when you first meet a civilization, and must declare war on the same turn after trading is complete. If you see a new AI unit, you must make contact & declare war that turn. Absolutely no GPT trades allowed. If you see a new face on F4, you are obligated to declare war that turn (after trading). Players must declare war if they are exploring and see AI units, but are not required to actually attack the units they come in contact with. No peace treaties, ever. You may check F4 as often as you like to spy on the AI's tech, resources, luxuries & city count.

Discuss any move that seems exploitive before doing it with the team. Although there are not too many exploits available in AW, we’ll follow the forbidden blatant exploits banned by GOTM and RBCiv such as no "Free Wealth". Other normal game exploits such as "Baiting the AI" with an empty city to create a kill zone are an AW tradition and are allowed. Also, you ARE allowed to initially keep a city, move a settler to the same spot as the city, and then abandon and immediately resettle. This is considered an exploit in RBCiv rules, but is okay in our AW games. In addition if you need to build a city one square deeper into enemy territory just to move borders to steal a resource, go for it. We may keep or raze cities, and can keep slaves. You may whip at will, including captured cities or cities where all citizens are unhappy.

SG Stuff
You have 24 hours for an "I got it" and 72 to play. If you need a one day extension, then mention this before the 72 hours are up. Players can work out skips between themselves, just post a message to the thread. If you can't play within 72 total, switch places or ask for a skip. We will play 10 turns at first, and possibly fewer later (5) if the turns begin to take too long.

Lucky candle to light the way.

4000BC
Move settler to river and worker to cow.
Two cows, 2 luxuries, and an extreme corner of the mini map.
Select BW

Babylonian spear appears from the SE. Declare.

We have 5 regular warriors versus 3 reg, warriors and 2 reg. spears.

Babylon is next to Moo. The worker hauls butt to get out of the way.
BW in 7 turns.

IBT
Good news: We kill 2 warriors and 1 spear on defense.
Bad news: Babylonian Bowman is on the horizon.

3050IBT
We kill the other warrior and spear on defense.
The Babylonian bowman retreats. Another war?
Romans enter from the east.
We are only 2 turns from BW. Go ahead and give Rome Pottery for BW and WC + 10 gold.
Declare on Rome.

We can pull 10spt for a couple of quick veteran 2 turn spears before Rome’s first wave shows up.

Send settler to the wines on the hill.
Rome sends 3 warriors and 2 archers.

Found Wine Hill and our economy really picks up.
Rome stack grows to 4 archers and 4 warriors. They are in 2 four packs.

Rome is positioned to attack with 4 warriors & 2 archers next turn.
Once Rome committed to Moo I moved both spears there and sent regular warriors to the hill. This may buy us time to build another spear if they redirect to the Wines.
We have a spear and
I’ll play one more to see how we fare.

IBT
Rome insists on attacking across the river.
We don’t lose any and win 5.

We can build 1 more 2-turn spear and then build a settler to go claim the incense.

Moo has barracks 1 elite spear, 1 veteran spear, 1 veteran warrior and 1 regular warrior.
Wine Hill has a healing veteran spear and 2 regular warriors.
I’m surprised we met both so early given where we are on the mini map.

The save is over HERE :hammer:

ok good since I saved my file as HNDY15 already

save

Pre-Turn
it's turn 31, will play until 45 then
just to recap, we know BW, alpha, pottery and WC
currently working on masonry in 12

IT good continuation as we defeat all 4 attackers on defense and promote 2nd spear to elite [4-0]

1.2470BC
change build to settler since we have enough defenders

2.2430BC
reassign tiles so we get growth and settler in 2

3. 2390BC
zzzz

4. 2350BCD
settler -> archer

IT 2 Roman warriors appear

5. 2310BC
settler in position on incense hill

6. 2270BC
Grand River founded

7. 2230BC
Moo archer -> archer
archer promotes elite taking out 1 warrior [5-0]

IT masonry, Iros need horses, so wheel next in 9

8. 2190BC
take out another warrior but no leader luck [6-0]

9.2150BC
incense connected, lux to 0%

10.2110BC
Moo archer -> settler
take out both warriors but no leader [8-0]

11.2070BC
zzzz

12.2030BC
wine hill walls -> worker

13.1990BC
Moo grows and gets another settler, spear next

14.1950BC
found Allegheny to get another cow and a fish
send a warrior to explore the northern tip of our corner
things looks good for a start, we can continue to churn a few more settlers, wheel in 2 turns
maybe we should go for writing/ literature next or go for IW and maths
although we are at war with Babs as well, they have not shown up at all

Nice start: cows, freshwater, fish, wine and incense. Tall cotton, I'd say.

of course I forgot, we should go for HBR next to get our UU, of course only if we have horses.

and wasn't deadlynephrons on autoskip?

I would assume slinger is still out until he says otherwise. He said he was going away and hasn't been heard from. He might still be traveling or maybe things got busy.

In any case, I suspect he would post first if he could play. I would put him on autoskip until we do hear from him.

Greebley said:
I would assume slinger is still out until he says otherwise. He said he was going away and hasn't been heard from. He might still be traveling or maybe things got busy.

In any case, I suspect he would post first if he could play. I would put him on autoskip until we do hear from him.

We may as well do the same thing to Deadly. The last word from Deadly was Apr 21, 2005, 10:28 AM. If he arrives we can shuffle the order or something - so feel free to grab this Greebley if you have time.

1. Handy
2. ThERat
3. DeadlyNeprhons! - auto skip until we hear from him
4. Greebley
5. Admiral Kutzov
6. Bede
7. Barbslinger - auto skip

The inlaws are invading tomorrow. If I don't post by 800 hours saturday, please swap me with bede.

Read and understood AdmK. Shall make it so.

(Checks to see if the old Dodge half-track is still in the garage)

I built a Granary and Settler in the capitol.

I wanted the AI to go after the town on a hill with a wall across a river and fortified(Grand River). That is why it is defended by a motlely crew. More defense and they will ignore the city.

Our towns are not going to be high shield producers so I started the GLib way early. It will probably finish about the time we want it to.

There are Horses just outside our territory. I think we will want to go after them.

Pyramids were completed.

The settler will complete in 2 just before we grow to size 7. I would save the settler for the horses (you may want to build more spears next in the capitol).

Handy, If Slinger and Deadly don't show up and you need another PM me. This will be a nice game. Hopefully better than that China game we played.

I don't mind Bugs in this game as well. barbslinger seems to have had too close a look at the local girls during his stint in Turkey :lol:
anyway, with me leaving town this thursday, it might be wise to have Bugs join. I will be lurking even while in Germany, but won't be able to play :(

Top Bottom