Goz -10 Slow Motion is our Potion

Good job, Bugs. I like the strategic thinking you developed lately, especially those fancy arrows :)

No worries bedhead, just make us proud with your grades, that's all we ask :)

WackenOpenAir
Bede
gozpel
Sir Bugsy - Just played
bed_head7 - skipped
ThERat - UP
Kaiser_Berger - on deck
grahamiam
Offa

Hey D'Rat, check out how we could improve science when you're at it. Not necessary just yet, but some rails would make life much easier for us.

Ganogeh - Yep Bugs. I missed that :blush:, I had a couple of MW's going over there, then the sneak attack occured and of course I lost the plot. Good spotting though, we have to at least try to do our best to keep the only rule we have left. 2 defenders per city.

ok got it, just saw that bedhead asked for a skip...science? hey, we are fighting a war, but will check things out

save

Pre-Turn
check our deals just to not make any mistake. We have an alliance against Byz with England
we are making a lot of money, nobody has rails, but MT is around
why are we mining the corrupt towns? then I see that there is no irrigation possible in the northeast
MM a little for growth in corrupt towns

IT Byz are shifting around their units, going mainly south

1. 560AD
Byz has steam now besides nationalism
hmm, the good old sweet bombardment function is here, redline a musket that wants to pillage our salt and take it out

2. 570AD
nationalism and steam has spread all of a sudden, and our citizens are very unhappy
increase lux to 10% and need some clowns
give England metal for economics, doesn't matter that much
found gayangahee in the north

set up attack on Samosata

IT in their usual manner, Byz loses 4 units attacking our knights which are on moutains or in the forest

Then Japan declares on America

3. 580AD
defeat 3 units near Oxford
bombard and reveal 2 red rifles, take them out and raze Samsosata gaining 5 slaves
bomb a musket on our salt, attack with elite knight. it redlines the musket but dies :(
set up attack on Edessa

IT :eek: Sumer allies with Byz and declares war on us
I hope this doesn't spell doom
must be something with my karma, but Oka deposes us

4. 590AD
army is at Caesarea

5. 600AD
bombardment of Edessa reveals 3 vet rifles, too dangerous, we need the army there
send more units towards that direction, including more cannons

we need to be careful as there is one galleon on the way to our hinterland

there is the army, 2 elite knights, a stack of muskets with 5 cannons and a bug stack of knights. together they should be able to raze those town

nobody has steam except for Sumer and Byz, but both at war with us

ThERat said:
IT we get Theology, as discussed education next, however slow down to get benefits of ToA
reduce science to 70%
and Lapurdum disposes us already, no harm here since no unit was left inside
This sounds like it came from a different game.

If that is the only thing you ever do wrong, you're in great shape. Once I posted an entire log in the wrong thread. :lol:

Sorry for the delay, I've been rather swamped with school. I'll try and get to it tonight as I might have enough time to do it, but if not I'll let you all know.

With two papers due this coming week and finals looming, I can't give this game justice at the moment. Looks like a skip is in order. Might want to skip me in Goz9 too.

I thought it was every town, but it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong this hour. Just ask Mrs. Bugs.

2 mp's in every town for the rest of the game. That would further slow us down, so we can't run over the AI. What kind of military units in the towns doesn't matter.

Preflight check: We have 8 more turns of alliance with England vs the Byz.

IBT:

T1: 610AD nada, kill a rifle on our southern salt

IBT: Hittites declare on America, Japan declares on English
English are building Smith’s

T2: 620AD Buy Hittite Wines for Furs and 76g

IBT: 2 Byz Cav’s attack us, convincing me we must by Mil Trad now, if possible.

T3: 630AD Hittites now have Steam
Buy MT from China for Wines, WM, 50gpt, and 857g
Found Gewauga -> cannon

IBT: Sumeria declares on America
China declares on the English
China declares on the Americans

T4: 640AD Hurt 3 rifles in Dyrrachium
vKnight dies to ¾ rifles (2/4), vKnight dies to ¾ rifle (2/4); vKnight retreats, vKnight kills 2/4 rifle (3/4); vKnight retreats, vKnight kills 2/4 rifle (1/4); vKnight retreats; vKnight kills 2/4 rifle; vMW redlines rifle, but promotes it (2/5); ¾ knight dies to 2/5 rifle (1/5); vCav kills vCav (1/4); vCav kills 1/5 rifle and we take the city + settler + sink ships + 17g + 4 workers as we raze the city
IBT: Sumeria declares on the English
Carthage declares on the English
We lose our supply of Silks

T5: 650AD Buy silks from America for Chivalry and Engineering
Go leader hunting with an eMW near Gayagaahe and get this :D

Move him to Oxford. Next player can decide what to do with the Cav Army ;)
Our Knight army pillages his way to the Byz salt. We can pillage it next turn and turn off the cav faucet.

Workers are headed to forest Niagra Falls’ cow, so we can get 3 shields out of that tile and do 20spt

This is almost a 1 front war now, which will make things 10x easier.

I think I have at least 2 dudes in every town.

Well fought G-man.

I think we should push Theodora beyond the choke, settle the voids, start building a navy, and go after Elizabeth one last time. Some fool will probably pay us for the priviledge.

Nice job, grahamiam. :) Another army will be helpful.

Feel the pressure Offa.

650ad

quick look shows thereis no one at home in Gewauga. I hope they have just popped out to buy pizzas and don't invalidate the variant.
A couple of other towns have only one defender. I pillage our iron to allow warrior builds.

ibt carthage, england and hittites offer peace treaties: as the only alternative is war I accept. The Byzantines are tough enough for us.
Spain and Sumeria sign an embargo against us. Byzantines move lots of troops, and many ships (7 off our poorly defended north.
coast alone).. Spain declares v America.

660ad
kill a 1/4 byzantine cav (it had retreated from our musket) with a cav.
Army on pillaging duties.

ibt Sumerians and Spanish declare war against us.
Spain declares v England. The Spanish are a bloodthirsty lot.
I had rather optimistically moved all but a warrior and an archer out of Tyendengada ( in SW by Byzantium) in order to move cannons to attack the Byzantines.
A byz cav emerges from Edessa and makes short work of the warrior.
Byz have 11 ships off our northern coast now. This turn they off load 2 longbows.

670ad
Kill the byz cav with a cav.
Kill the 2 northern longbows who landed next to Gandasetalion with a cav and a MW.
Elite knight kills a 1/4 rifle (bombarded first outside Oxford).

Whoops, finally spot chief Grahamiam: he wants to be an army.

4 cav retreat v a single byz rifle in the open, the first 3 not even knocking a HP off it. The 5th one then just dies in the attack and the byz
survives. The 6th one finally kills it and captures 2 settlers.

ibt
America nad Japan sign peace
Byzantines ally with China against us.
Lots of Byz attacks. Two cavs attack Gayagaahe and both kill defenders but fortunately we have more left.
Lots of byz rifles attack in south killing a musket and a cav, and recaptuing 4 slaves.

680ad
bombard Edessa's defenders (2 rifle one cav) to one HP. Attack first off with an elite knight which dies, but then 3 cavs all win and we take the town.
Kill the 2 cav that attacked Gayagaahe with the new cav army.
kill a longbow that landed in the north.

690ad
kill a loose longbow in the west.
Byz found Taormina next to Edessa.
kill a number of loose byz units. in particular the cav army picks off 2 more cav, and a cav kills a 1/4 rifle that had picked off one of our retreating cavs in the
ibt

ibt Japan and Byzantine trade embargo us.
Carthage declare v America
Carthage attack again and kill 4 times very easily. Particularly tough is a cav attacking a knight on a hill and not losing a HP. Eventually the rot is stopped when a hero MW (chief grahamiam no less)beats a cav on defence.

700ad
Assault on Taomina:
bombard so 2/4 rifle on top.
elite knight kills rifle.
vet cav dies v 1/3 rifle.
vet cav kills 1/3 rifle.
3/4 cav kills longbow and destroys the town.

bomard cav outside Gayagaahe to 1hp and kill it with an MW
Cav army kills an elite cav and pillages roads in byz land near Gayagaahe, as this is under a lot of pressure and may buckle.

York and Edessa have just one defender. Edessa might be best abandoned anyway.
I have sterted some peaceful builds. This game is living up to its name, and it is going to take a while. We need to improve our finances.
Iron is disconnected, as I have been building warriors.

I really think we NEED steam power. It is available in trades, but only just.

Now back to COTM19: a similar variant.

grahamiam said:
Move him to Oxford. Next player can decide what to do with the Cav Army ;)

Workers are headed to forest Niagra Falls’ cow, so we can get 3 shields out of that tile and do 20spt

I have to admit I didn't read this carefully enough. It took me a while to realize the army hadn't been formed yet, and I entirely overlooked the wish to mine the cow so I haven't done it.:blush:

I feel the game is in crisis manangement mode, when it really needs railroads and then a concerted attack on Byz heartlands.

Top Bottom