Graphics: Kal-el's Additional Wonder Splash Images

Emancipation and Supreme Court are not neccessaraly US wonders, :D we have a supreme court here in Denmark as everywhere else.

Constitution seems like an odd wonder to me.

And by Holy City do you meen the Vatican City in Italy?, because then you should just call it the Vatican, unless its a small wonder (then it has to be called holy city or something).

IMO you can't have both the internet and WWW, you must choose one.

Why is Leo da Vinci on the "new" Cure for Cancer wonder, that seems odd.

Spirit of St. Louis got to go, I have no idea what it is?? :confused:

Very very good work :goodjob:

Originally posted by leonel

Well the Buddha one could increase happiness in your empire. The Sistene chapel is sorta like the Buddha statue.
Arc Of The Covenent could be like the end of the game? Like you try to recreate the Ark Of The Covenent by following stuff in the bible and the end animation could be like God coming down to earth and rewarding your civ for bringing him back and smites the other civs? That's probably currently out of our league I guess.
Ya know La Louvre could increase the culture of a civ or a city. La Louvre does house some priceless pieces of artwork.
Guess that pretty much sums it up.

I never thought of that...having the ark to replace the spaceship would be a SWEET thing for a religious mod. Wouldnt be that hard to do either, as long as you have pictures of what the ark is supposed to look like.

Yeah internet and WWW are weird together. Hagbart the Spirit of St. Louis is the first flight across the atlantic ocean. The name of the Plane was spirit of st. louis the the man who flew it was Charles Lindburgh. Called that because it originated in St. Louis, Missouri USA.

Internet, the, international computer network linking together thousands of individual networks at military and government agencies, educational institutions, nonprofit organizations, industrial and financial corporations of all sizes, and commercial enterprises (called gateways or service providers) that enable individuals to access the network. The most popular features of the Internet include electronic mail (e-mail), discussion groups (called newsgroups or bulletin boards, where users can post messages and look for responses on a system called Usenet), on-line conversations (called chats), adventure and role-playing games, information retrieval, and electronic commerce

World Wide Web (WWW or W3), collection of globally distributed text and multimedia documents and files and other network services linked in such a way as to create an immense electronic library from which information can be retrieved quickly by intuitive searches. The Web represents the application of hypertext technology and a graphical interface to the Internet to retrieve information that is contained in specially formatted documents that may reside in the same computer or be distributed across many computers around the world. It consists of three main elements. The Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) comprises the programming codes, or tags, that define fonts, layouts, embedded graphics, and links (hyperlinks) to other documents accessible via the Web. The HyperText Transfer Protocol (HTTP) defines a set of standards for transmitting Web pages across the Internet. The Universal Resource Locator (URL) is a standardized naming convention for identifying a Web document or file, in a sense the address of a link. The result is called the Web because it is made up of many sites, all linked together, with users traveling from one site to the next by clicking a computer's pointing device on a hyperlink.

All information is from www.infoplease.com

That is why I split them up into two different wonders, the internet is a small wonder and is a prerequisite for the web.

hagbart,

The Holy City is not necessarily the Vatican. Yes, I am using the image of the Vatican, but that is mainly because I have a cityview/civilopedia birdseye graphic of St. Peter's Basillica and the square, and I don't have the same type of image for Jerusalem, Mecca or any other Holy City.

Supply the image and I will make it an optional substitution.

hagbart,

I forgot to address your comments about the supreme court and emancipation.

I understand that all modern nations have a high court, i gave the US credit for the supreme court simply because that is an image of the US supreme court.

Regarding Emancipation: While slavery has been abolished throughout the world, the "emancipation proclamation" was written and delivered by President Abraham Lincoln of the US, in 1863 at the height of our Civil War. Hence the image of the Lincoln Memorial.

Regarding a Constitution: Having a written constitution was a huge step in the development of governments. Prior to a written constitution, rulers could basically run around willy nilly doing whatever they wanted, at least until the masses rose up and cut off their heads. The first such document, though not really technically a constitution was the magna carta in England, issued by King John at Runnymede under compulsion from the barons and the church in June, 1215 it was the first significant step towards "government of the people, by the people, for the people" (Gettysburgh Address, Abraham Lincoln, 1863)

The da Vinci Image is used for the new cure for cancer image because, 1) I am using the old cure for cancer image for the National Health Care wonder and 2) the image id commonly used in the medical field. My wife recieved her Masters in Physical Therapy and that image was used repeatedly on her text books and course manuals. maybe it should be used for the National Healthcare wonder, some things have not been set in stone. :D

nEo,

I now have a great image for the Buddha. It is of the worlds largest bronze Buddha, in I think Tokyo. What do you think about this, available with Theology, Cost 60, Culture 6, 2x Happiness from Temple (remember the Oracle becomes obsolete with theology) - The cost and the culture would be the same as the sistine chapel.

The louvre is really just a national gallery, isn't it? I was debating using a picture of it for that at least.

I like the idea for the Parthenon, I will try and find a good image of that, one that is not just a bunch of rubble. I would like to have an image of it in all its glory. if you could look for such an image that would be helpful.
:D

Originally posted by Kal-el

That is why I split them up into two different wonders, the internet is a small wonder and is a prerequisite for the web.

If the Internet is a small wonder and a prerequisit for the web, then does that mean that you have to build the web in the same city that you build the Internet?

I hate the Chichen Itza as a Wonder name; it's the name of a whole city! May as well make St. Louis or Kalamazoo Wonders as well...

For the MesoAmericans, how about:

The Popol Wuh (a Maya mythological book)
The Sun Stone (Aztec carving)
The Colossal Head (an Olmecan artwork)
The Heiroglyphic Starway of Copan (a Maya Wonder, writing out the whole history of Copan)
The Ballcourt at Tenochtitlan (the court in the Aztec capital)

Just an idea.

Originally posted by Kal-el
The da Vinci Image is used for the new cure for cancer image because, 1) I am using the old cure for cancer image for the National Health Care wonder and 2) the image id commonly used in the medical field. My wife recieved her Masters in Physical Therapy and that image was used repeatedly on her text books and course manuals. maybe it should be used for the National Healthcare wonder, some things have not been set in stone. :D

That image is about human anathomy. So it's not related with cure for cancer. Also I don't see any relation with national health care. You better use another image.

here is the Buddha image I was thinking of using.

How is human anatomy not related to health care?

Attachments

• buddha.gif
    buddha.gif
    64.1 KB · Views: 406
Geez that one big BUDDHA! Those stats sound good for it. Too bad that buddha is being a bit obscured by the building. I saw one somewhere where it was looking below the buddha up to it and make it look massive. Not sure where I found it though. Thats still a decent pic.

Hi,
I added new wonder (constitution) using hacked editor, I copied your pcx file, but I don't know how can I assign pcx with this wonder - which file should I edit and what shoud I post there?

Thanx in advance,
Antex

Originally posted by Antex
Hi,
I added new wonder (constitution) using hacked editor, I copied your pcx file, but I don't know how can I assign pcx with this wonder - which file should I edit and what shoud I post there?

Thanx in advance,
Antex

It's in PediaIcons.txt
Scroll down to the WONDER_SPLASH section

Add an entry for your wonder

The numbering system is based on the wonder's index in the editor. Count down from Battlefield Medicine (#63) and include the spaceship parts. I cant remember offhand what the first index of a new wonder would be (I think its 71 or 72)

More wonders?

Large Wonders:

War on Terrorism: Maybe reduce War Weariness (cause we know its going for something good), Reduces propaganda, and reduces corruption.

The Great Collesium: Like a regular collesium but double the effects of a regular collesium (possible trigger golden age for Rome)

City Improvements:

Movie Theatre: culture+happy faces

Recreation Center: happy faces

If I wasn't so busy I'd think up some more but tell me what you think of these

Ihmotep,

Check out my mod, it is still in beta but is quite playable. I have included movie palace as well as park improvements.

As far as wonders go, the Circus Maximus already fulfills the Great Coliseum role.

How would you implement the “War on Terrorism” in the game, and what would make it obsolete? I can’t imagine that it could last forever.

Keep the ideas coming. :D

Well wonders don't exactly have to be tangible things do they? for instance your 'civil rights movement' isn't a statue, its an idea. This would be an idea of nationalism and patriotism. umm..I don't know what could make it obsolete but aren't there some wonders in the game that never become obsolete?

Also I thought of something else one might be interested in implementing....maybe making a modern barbarian. I know someone has already made a 'terrorist' unit so maybe that could be the modern barbarian that randomly attacks settlements.

blah, you've built Las Vegas in Rome, sounds silly to me :D

Top Bottom