Graphics/Sound Problems? - Please post your DX Logs.

If I use the EAX settings I get clicks and pops in the streaming music.
And, some of the interface SFX are missing.
I do not have the clicks and pops or missing SFX in any other EAX enabled game. And, if I use 5.1 or system config I do not get the pops and clicks in the music or missing SFX.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    53.8 KB · Views: 74
From what I can gather we all need to get a new high end Graphics card like a Radeon 9000 which isnt cheap, bit of a bugger when you have just forked out $50 on a game, hopefull Firaxis will have come up with a patch or work round before I get a chance to buy a graphics card. Here's hoping:) :sad:

Am I the only other one having the same problem as Jawster? Everything else seems to be working fine with the execption of a bit of audio stutter. I just can't read the city names, size, building info, etc. See attached screenshot.

Video card: 3Dlabs Wildcat VP880 Pro
CPU: Intel P4 3.0
RAM: 1.0Gb
HDD: 200Gb w/ 80Gb free
Audio: built in AC97

Any thoughts???? Anyone???

Attachments

• Civ4 font problem.jpg
    Civ4 font problem.jpg
    276.9 KB · Views: 182
  • DxDiag.txt
    43.3 KB · Views: 105
coyote said:
Am I the only other one having the same problem as Jawster? Everything else seems to be working fine with the execption of a bit of audio stutter. I just can't read the city names, size, building info, etc. See attached screenshot.

Video card: 3Dlabs Wildcat VP880 Pro
CPU: Intel P4 3.0
RAM: 1.0Gb
HDD: 200Gb w/ 80Gb free
Audio: built in AC97

Any thoughts???? Anyone???

Im having the same problem plus the eyes and mouth only leaders and the black background.

I get the severe jerking when zooming out to the globe view in-game, although the globe on the main menu is fine. I also get audio stuttering on the wonder movies. The video on the movies is fine, but the audio does a 2 seconds on, 2 seconds off job on me.

The basics of my system are:
Athlon 64 3000+
1GB RAM
nVidia Geforce 6600GT (128MB) PCI-express version
Soundblaster Audigy2 ZS soundcard

This is a system that can play Doom 3/Halflife 2 comfortably at 1280x1024, so I am finding it difficult to figure out why Civ 4 has a problem rendering a fairly simple globe view of a map.

DX log included.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    61.6 KB · Views: 76
My graphics seem to be fine except for the non-religion movies (which looking in the app directory are .dds files). They just show up as multicolored garbage. Here are my specs

XP64
XFX 7800 GT
Athlon 3700
1 Gig RAM

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    28.6 KB · Views: 95
this is my combuter and this is the error that hapen when i try to run the game

i get the jumpy movies... and when im loading the games it gets to done then it doesnt go any further... then it crashes.. and its annoying...

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    42 KB · Views: 92
I have a Geforce3 Ti 4200 w/ 128M RAM or something like that. I had to buy a new card. The game is virtually unplayable between the Memory dumps and the whole thing just locking up. It is a little frustrating.

Hopefully this hasn't been posted already, but sorry if it has.

My problem is whenever I start up Civ IV, it goes to the "loading" screen, and then it goes to a blue screen. I can still hear the music, and after a few clicks of the mouse, it goes to the "earth" screen. But it doesn't show any words except the big CIVILIZATION 4 at the top of it. Has anyone had this problem??

I just installed a new video card and another 512 of ram.

XP Home
Sempron 3300+ 2.0 ghz
1 GB ram
fx 5500 EQ 256mb video card
120 gb hard drive

And I just installed DirectX 9.0c.

Any help would be most appreciated!!!!

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    39.8 KB · Views: 73
I've got a Radeon 9800 Pro - it can handle other games fine, but when I try to play Civ4, after about 10 minutes the screen freezes and reverts to Windows with a VPU Recover error message - if I'm lucky. Other times, the PC itself freezes, or I get a horrible mess on my monitor - vertical pink boxes down the entire screen, that sort of thing.

DXDiag.txt enclosed - please help :)

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    52.3 KB · Views: 87
The intro and all the movies except the christanity came up with stuttering sound and vision of multicolored pixcels. Was a slight slow down at a couple of stages but other than that its fine, but it would be nice to see the movies.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    30 KB · Views: 80
I have Windows XP 64bit ed, AMD 3500+, 2 GB ram, and nVidia 6600 256. All fully patched to the latest levels.

The problem I have is that one of the intro screens and all the wonder movies do not display, they are all the screens are blocks of corrupt looking graphics, sound etc and general gameplay no problems at all, just these moives. I thought it may be a 64 bit thing, but looking at the problems everyone else is having I am not too sure.

Anyway, dxdiag/dxdiag64 attached.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    32.9 KB · Views: 115
  • DxDiag64.txt
    26.2 KB · Views: 122
here's my file. I get a black map as in i can see resources and units but not the terrain. I read that sombody changes the xml to always show map. Anybody know how?

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    41.3 KB · Views: 90
Hello, I have the Intel 82865G Video Controller. When I start Civ4 it runs ok until it comes to the leader pictures. The leader pictures come out very funny and most of the face is missing, except parts of the face like the eyes and hat.
Then the game starts and most of the screen is non-viewable, specifically the map even after it's discovered and stood upon. Everything stays black. Enclosed is the DXDiag file.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    38.8 KB · Views: 140
Bigrusst said:
Finally got though a game(OK, I won and was rewarded as being the equal of Louis XVI, but that's another matter!). A few hints, as I finally did get the game to stop acting really wierd.
First, disable the AA. After I did that, I stopped getting wierd graphics (GeForce6600). Its so easy, even a philosophy major like me can do it. Make sure you have the right setting to disbable AA in the game options too.
Next-- really, really important and really, really obvious, but WATCH OUT FOR ACCIDENTALLY CLICKING WHEN THE GAME IS TRYING TO SAVE!!. That just about the oldest crash causer I can remember, but when response time is sooooooooooooo slooooooooow like it is in this game, its easy to do, and, when the game files get over 400 MB or so, it'll get you every time.
Also, watch out for moving across the map quickly-- that a sure way to get one of thopse lost audio stream comments that come right before crashes.
I'll bet a nickle there is a memory bleed somewhere, and my guess it it will be faily easy to correct one its located. But, in the meantime, before making a lot of exotic modifications in your computer files and drivers, try the easy stuff.
All that being said, the game still crashed about every 5-6 turns after the year 1990 or so, but most of the time I could see how it was my fault (see above). Cool, Cool game though. Wonder how great it will be when it reallyt works?!

SAME STORY FOR ME nvidia fx 5700 except at the tiniest maps they work alright and i get it an little earlier as ive seen an lott of posts now this symptoms looks too be specific too nvdia move too hard at ur map is boot click during save is boot background popup is boot , i like the game i dont like the peep everytime windows is ready again too give it another try

for the rest

xp home sp 2 latest version
cpu dual 3 ghz pent 4
1024 ram
256 mb nvidia fx 5700 newest drivers
soundblaster 5.1 newest drivers
dx from the disc
if u got an solutition contact me somehowe

alanpdodd said:
I have Windows XP 64bit ed, AMD 3500+, 2 GB ram, and nVidia 6600 256. All fully patched to the latest levels.

The problem I have is that one of the intro screens and all the wonder movies do not display, they are all the screens are blocks of corrupt looking graphics, sound etc and general gameplay no problems at all, just these moives. I thought it may be a 64 bit thing, but looking at the problems everyone else is having I am not too sure.

Anyway, dxdiag/dxdiag64 attached.

I have a Similar machine: XP 64 bit, AMD 3500+, 1GB ram, and an nVidia 7600GT. I had a 32 bit version of windows installed, when I did, the opening movies played fine. Once I switched to 64 bit windows, the opening movies look corupted.

On both 64bit and 32bit Windows XP, the game plays fairly well for awhile, then the interface freezes up from time to time. Ocasionally, the interface disappears and then comes back. Things get especially bad on larger maps and in later eras. Sounds like a memory leak to me. I've also had my machine reboot, sometimes with and other times without a blue screen. It's never crashed to the desktop.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    31.5 KB · Views: 92
Okay, I think i have the permutation of settings you'd want. My setup:
Athlon64 3200+ 2.0Ghz 1000MHz FSB
2X512MB DDR2 RAM
GeForce4 Ti4200 64MB (overclocked from 250 to 280)
Latest driver. DirectX off the CD(this helped more than anything btw), Windows XP. In-game graphics set to 'low', dithering turned off with hardpage.

The game can just about be played. The map starts out appearing normal, but something or other always degrades. Maybe icons become invisible or garbled. Maybe the land becomes tye-dyed or partly blacked out. Sooner or later the system crashes. The leaderhead graphics appear to be working like they should...

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    39.7 KB · Views: 81
For those of you having the sound issue cutting in and out, how many of you have WOW? I tried playing wow and now its sound is screwed up. Little bit of research shows both use fmod.

Top Bottom