Great but one Civ was forgotten!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone interested in mods, there is the excellent Divided Monarchy scenario by Sampedestal available on the Steam Workshop.

I do think that if Israel were to get in, it would have been in Gods and Kings, due to the religion focus of the game. I would like a DLC pack of Israel, Sumeria, and the Hittites. I think the Hittites are another glaring omission, considering that they were one of the oldest civilizations in history.

come on! The BIBLE is the most printed book in this world, and 80% of it is telling the history of the israelites back from 6000 years ago. Now you say canada is more deserving? I bet 500 years ago 'canadian' is not even a word!
Ancient israel is worth every bit of a civilization, they are a religion marvel.

But mark my words
THE ISRAEL AS TODAY ENTITIES IS NOT WORTH AS A CIVILIZATION, HELL, THEY ARE NOT EVEN CIVILIZED TODAY!

The bible talks about lots of things that aren't real and don't make sense. There isn't much evidence that the people living in Israel did anything significant.

The bible talks about lots of things that aren't real and don't make sense. There isn't much evidence that the people living in Israel did anything significant.

I don't think anything great is even mentioned there? Modern Israelis actually did contribute a lot to modern science and whatnot.

I see Israel as either ancient or like Ethiopia (combining ancient and modern elements). Led by either King David or Solomon. Some may say there's debate to their existence, but you could raise the same argument with Dido and Hiawatha. An ancient Israel shouldn't be terribly controversial, and even on controversy, previous Civs had Stalin and Mao Zedong so I don't think they're terribly shy (it seems the reason they didn't roll with the other Native American tribe whose name escapes me was more because they couldn't get a voice actor and less with politics; they shouldn't have trouble getting a Hebrew voice actor). I think it would be great to have them if nothing else than to give Judaism a civ with a default preference to it.

But really I think it would just be fun to play as them. And their leader screen could look really cool if done right. And hearing the voice would be nice as well.

Yes, if we're excluding Israel because of perceived war crimes, that's just hypocritical given that they just explicitly set up a system where you can choose to make your civ communist or fascist (yeah, they call it "Order" and "Autocracy," but we all know what's going on from the pictures on the box, wink, wink). Stalin and Mao have been in previous Civs. The Nazis are excluded because it would cause the game to be banned in much of Europe; no such issue exists with Israel (I suppose the Arab world may have a problem with it, but that's a much smaller market). And for significance, historical Israel has a lot more significance than the multitude of different native American tribes in the game (Shoshone, Iroquois, Aztecs, Maya, and Inca).

My planned Israel mod was for a science/religious culture with military strength in the classical and information ages, which the game doesn't really have:

UA: Talmudic Education - Cities owned by Israel that follow the religion founded by Israel convert 25% of the faith they produce to science.
UU: Maccabee - Replaces Swordsman, gain +25% strength when fighting within 4 hexes of a city following Israel's home religion, gain additional +25% strength when fighting in hills.
UU: IAF Mirage - Replaces Jet Fighter, 33% chance of destroying an enemy airplane stationed in a city on a successful bombing run.

I don't think anything great is even mentioned there? Modern Israelis actually did contribute a lot to modern science and whatnot.

I meant ancient Israel. I guess I missed a word in my previous post. :/

Modern Israel is too new.

I'm not too familiar with middle east, but doesn't babylon kind of partially cover ancient isarel?

Maybe Assyria, but not Babylon. And anyway, they are too different culturally and... in most ways? Babylon conquered Israel, destroyed the first Temple, and a bunch of Jews lived in Babylon for a lot of time (until Nebuchadnezzar II gave that land back).

I think, but that's more or less what happened there. But even Assyria is different, different languages (both are Semitic, but Hebrew is Canaanite (northern?) and Akkadian is eastern), customs, culture, religion.

I meant ancient Israel. I guess I missed a word in my previous post. :/

Modern Israel is too new.

Fair enough, but still. Ancient Israel still has some history to it, whether it's true or not.

they are a religion marvel, there is no needs to make any sense there... And, do you say that all abrahamaic religion is not significant? There are more than 2 billions living evidence today.

civ v isn't about choosing who contributed to world history. it's not an awards ceremony

Maybe Assyria, but not Babylon. And anyway, they are too different culturally and... in most ways? Babylon conquered Israel, destroyed the first Temple, and a bunch of Jews lived in Babylon for a lot of time (until Nebuchadnezzar II gave that land back).

I think, but that's more or less what happened there. But even Assyria is different, different languages (both are Semitic, but Hebrew is Canaanite (northern?) and Akkadian is eastern), customs, culture, religion.

Fair enough, but still. Ancient Israel still has some history to it, whether it's true or not.
Thanks for clear that for me. Well the history lesson are just some fun story when i was a kid, it's not until you see so many people from all over the world, that you realise, that's history, facts and legends of them…

they are a religion marvel, there is no needs to make any sense there... And, do you say that all abrahamaic religion is not significant? There are more than 2 billions living evidence today.

Christianity and Islam did not come from Israel, ancient or otherwise. Judaism is a minor religion.

A more practical question - are there any good Israel Civ mods that work with BNW? Link please?

Okay, the zulu are still around there are tons of em'. They are the largest cultural group in the republic of south africa, making up over 20% of the total population. Just clearing up the question of their existance. As for Polynesia, they fill out what was previously an ENTIRELY EMPTY SPACE, a MASSIVE empty space, and provide an entirely different and balanced style of play. I have yet to meet someone who doesn't know of the Incans, Aztecs, and Iroqouis. Shoshone are a slightly odd pick, but again, well known and fill up a HUGE space.

This thread again? They are fine as a city-state. I'd rather have Canada in the game.

Moderator Action: This topic has been discussed, and trolled, to death. BNW is out, we know the civs included, this subject is nothing but troll bait. Thread closed, please do not start another.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom