Great Leaders

penvzila

Prince
Were they eliminated in the patch or something? I have played my last four games as a bloodthirsty warlord (Japs every time) and won HUNDREDS of battles, and NOT ONE GOD DAMN GREAT LEADER, EVER! WTF!!!!

Maybe you've accidentally disabled the GL-function:rolleyes:
No, seriously, what's the point? Random-number-generator bashing? FIY, it works.

In my present game, gotten three. And I wasn't even really seriously in the fight.

Luck. :)

Let me direct you to some detail discussions surrounding Leader Appearances

Maximising Leader Appearances

After long discussions, theories and even myself asking MikeB, it all come down to random chance.:) Or so they say. ;)

In my last two games, Leader Tournament 3 Game 1 and 2, I've had different experiences asfar as leader appearances. In the first, playing as the Indians, I was playing relatively peaceful, going for cultural victory, and I had numerous early leaders. In the second, playing as the Aztecs and going for fullout early war, I've had 3 and it's 500AD!

Just look at this:

(sorry for the badly cut pic, but it is bit of a spoiler)

You will notice that I've had rushed the Pentagon, Forbidden Palace and the Heroic Epic by 10AD. That includes having 3 armies. The reason for creating so many early armies: THERE WERE NO WONDERS AVAILABLE TO RUSH!:(

In my Aztec game there were!

(Just a new theory I'm forming;))

Originally posted by ERIKK
Where have I heard that theory before.... "No wonders available means greater chance for leader-appearance?" Acording to the stabtistics that is bullsh*t....!

Surely not from me!!!;)

Nah, I'm only joking, there is nothing to back it up. Only when you have had your 6th leader, BC and no wonders to rush, it surely feels like it!:)

My chat with MikeB, cleared the issue :) :
[08:40] <tfz_loves_beer> did you program any thing in that result in leader popping left, right and centre if you got no wonders to rush? I'm 230BB had 4 so far:)
[08:40] <tfz_loves_beer> deity game and behin in tech
[08:41] <MikeBeer> There's nothing special about leaders... just a random chance. Some ppl get them all the time; others get them rarely if at all...
[08:42] <tfz_loves_beer> They should fight more:)

You know you will have at least 40 turns of research to get a Wonder tech, and you are in the middle of a war when you get a leader. You know you can't get another leader while you have one lying around, so you are either stuck risking no leaders during the rest of the war or wasting him rushing a small wonder or building an army of swordsmen:).

Originally posted by thefrenchzulu

Surely not from me!!!;)

Nah, I'm only joking, there is nothing to back it up. Only when you have had your 6th leader, BC and no wonders to rush, it surely feels like it!:)

My chat with MikeB, cleared the issue :) :
[08:40] <tfz_loves_beer> did you program any thing in that result in leader popping left, right and centre if you got no wonders to rush? I'm 230BB had 4 so far:)
[08:40] <tfz_loves_beer> deity game and behin in tech
[08:41] <MikeBeer> There's nothing special about leaders... just a random chance. Some ppl get them all the time; others get them rarely if at all...
[08:42] <tfz_loves_beer> They should fight more:)

ARE YOU SURE THIS WASN'T ANARCHYWRKSBEST WHO ASWERED THIS?? ;) :p :lol:

Originally posted by ERIKK

ARE YOU SURE THIS WASN'T ANARCHYWRKSBEST WHO ASWERED THIS?? ;) :p :lol:

yeh, unlike others, I first check the server...;)

[08:17] *** Guest65146 (~java@=Htvjs67slsx95.towson01.md.comcast.net) has joined channel #civfanatics
[08:18] *** Guest65146 is now known as MikeBeer

That towson part, plays a role :crazyeye:

Originally posted by billindenver
You know you will have at least 40 turns of research to get a Wonder tech, and you are in the middle of a war when you get a leader. You know you can't get another leader while you have one lying around, so you are either stuck risking no leaders during the rest of the war or wasting him rushing a small wonder or building an army of swordsmen:).

Only thing to do is to create the stupid little army & find some battle that you know you will win. At least you'll be able to build the Heroic Epic and the Military Academy. That way you'll increase the chances of a a future leader and be able to build real armies later.

I know its just chance, but it sure seems like I get most of my leaders when there's no GWs to build . . .

An the kicker is I had several great leaders when i played my first game (day it came out, no patches ........). It's not quite enough to get me off civ3, but it plus a few other minor issues really make it not so fun sometimes.

I was playing as the Indians(not really a war civ) then by going to war against the Russians, Romans and Greeks I get 11 leaders most of them were used to build armies, then I reased(sorry bad spelling) the Industrial era and the game became boring so I stop.

How I did it, well get a reroic epic as soon as possible(I had one before the invention of Construction).

Top Bottom