Great People Choose Discovery Tech Question

Maximus_Prince

Chieftain
I don't quite understand this RAND mechanic. The description says the great person will sleep until the desired tech becomes available to research but nothing seems to be happening. I clicked on the desired technology and it should be available for me to research.

Is this mechanic bugged or am I not understanding something?

What is supposed to happen is the Great Person sleeps until the tech you click becomes available for the GP to lightbulb. Then the GP wakes and automatically lightbulbs the tech. GP can only have one tech available to lightbulb at a time so you may have to clear some other techs out of the way first.

So I'm taking that in order for the Great Person to activate I need to clear out any techs that would show up if I selected the default discover technology?

For example I want a Great Prophet to discover Literature, but Meditation and then Calendar are must researched first because it is part of the current research order for the Great Prophet.

So I'm taking that in order for the Great Person to activate I need to clear out any techs that would show up if I selected the default discover technology?

For example I want a Great Prophet to discover Literature, but Meditation and then Calendar are must researched first because it is part of the current research order for the Great Prophet.

You can shift+click the missing techs in the tech tree window to simulate having the technology and the great person icons on the very left of the screenshot show you what's next in the queue. So under great prophet icon it shows Meditation as current tech but since I shift clicked the Meditation skill it shows literature as the next tech in the queue, you can shift+click as many techs as you want.

Attachments

• ss.png
    ss.png
    995.6 KB · Views: 156
Top Bottom