• In anticipation of the possible announcement of Civilization 7, we have decided to already create the Civ7 forum. For more info please check the forum here .

Greenland Ice Cap Thickens Despite Warming

And so the cycle of debate repeats itself.....

Just pretend I said everything I said in the previous global warming thread--that will save all of us a lot of effort. :)

SuperSloth said:
no it hasnt, there is no solid definitive evidence to support this. climate changes have always occurred and human records of global climate only go back about 80 years. until there is sufficient data, one cannot support the claim no matter how true it may seem.

You can get temperature (written temperature data) from as far back as 1500. Through records of harvest of grapes and captains logs of sea ice. You can get data even longer from tree rings, ice cores, pollon sinks, and various other sources.

I learned this in first year geography. ;)

Sorry Reno for assuming the article was your opinion. I don't remember you trying to refute it......so that's probably why I did.

Maybe human humans are helping global warming, but is the increased use of fossil fuels having as much effect as having tripled the earth's human population in the last 50 or 60 years. Also, read about the Younger Dryas, a thousand year ice age that happened not more than 12,000 years ago.

SuperSloth said:
global warming is real. whether or not it is caused by humans is unknown.

:rolleyes: Yes but to what extent? You may think that in 20 years time we will be under water and the mountains will become islands blah blah blah...

Global wrming is just a small trend in the world's temperature flux. Its done this before and will do it again. And it will get colder too, eventually.

how long have we been measuing the earths tempeture? how long have we been watching these caps? how do we know it's not natural for the temperature to rise and fall over centuries?

Temperature has been recorded for several centuries, although it's only been accurate for decades, and not in all parts of the world.

Top Bottom