Greyed Out Buildings/Wonders...

PMonkey

Chieftain
My first few games I just ignored that I couldn't build certain building or wonders. I had mainly been going for a cultural or conquest victory. But this game I have been focusing on a science victory...

Most buildings that are greyed out tell you what is required to build them. It could be coal, aluminium or a monument in every city. As I'm sure you all know, the science victory requires you to build a spaceship, which in turn requires you to complete the Apollo Program. In my game the Apollo Program is greyed out in every city, and has no explanation to why it would be greyed out. I have read the game manual and the civopiedia (both sources I find EXTREMELY lacking in information) and they say nothing about any prerequisites.

Any ideas on why I can't build the Apollo Program?

Only thing that comes to mind that you don't have space victory enabled, but maybe that's not it. :)

I havent disabled any victory conditions. I specifcally started this game aiming for the space race victory.

If you hover over it, the tooltip should (SHOULD) explain why it's disabled.

As there are no resource prerequisites for it, and you say that Space Race is not disabled, the only other thing I can think of is that another of your cities is already building it? (In which case it'll say something like "Maximum 1 per nation".)

If you hover over it, the tooltip should (SHOULD) explain why it's disabled.

As there are no resource prerequisites for it, and you say that Space Race is not disabled, the only other thing I can think of is that another of your cities is already building it? (In which case it'll say something like "Maximum 1 per nation".)

Exactly, thats why it has gotten me so confused! Im not building it, I haven't disabled it, there is no info as to why I cant build it, it just doesn't make any sense :confused:

I'm having the same issue. My victory screen shows space race as an option, the Apollo project is disabled, the spaceship parts are disabled (pending the Apollo project).

Are you sure one of your puppet cities isn't building it already? Check your city list. Sometimes they'll just sort of start projects without you noticing, even though I don't think puppets are supposed to be able to do that.

It's interesting that people are having oddities with the Apollo Program since the 1.0.0.20 patch, though. I had a bug last night where I had a free Apollo Program spawn in my capital. Looked at an autosave from a few turns prior and it definitely wasn't being built anywhere in my empire. Maybe it's just a coincidence, or maybe the patch messed it up somehow.

OK. Weird fact:

Since I wasn't going to build the Apollo Project, I built Eiffel Tower instead. 2 Turns after I finished the Tower, the Apollo Project magically finished itself in the city I was building the Eiffel Tower. WEIRD.

I know this is old, but #MeToo. BUT I did find something interesting. I could add it to Queue (available in some, not all cities ?!?!?!?) But never straight outright.... It hasn't come up yet, but fingers crossed.

Top Bottom