Hall of Fame bug with lots of replays

karadoc

AI programmer
I've got a request for anyone who's got a lot of replays saved, especially if you have a mixture of multiplayer replays & single player replays.

All you have to do is this: open civ4, open the Hall of Fame from the main menu, and then switch the drop down menu filter back and forth between single player replays and multiplayer replays. Tell me if it crashes, or if you get a python error message. (Python error reporting has to be turned on in the civ4 ini file if you want to see messages like that.)

When I did this yesterday in K-Mod, I found that the game would often crash; and when it didn't crash I would often get a python error. After a lot of testing I discovered that the problem has been there since the very first version of K-Mod in which I'd essentially changed nothing at all.

I've actually managed to fix the bug already, but I'm curious to know if this happens in the unmodded game & in other mods, or if it's due to the initial K-mod stuff.

In my testing I found that the crash was mostly random, and it only happened when I had a lot of replays, say, roughly 30 single player + 30 multiplayer. The bug is triggered when switching between filters with mutually exclusive replays; for example, single player vs. multiplayer. I suppose it would also trigger if with large map vs normal map and stuff like that if you have enough replays of those types.

Anyway, I'd just like to know if anyone else can crash the game or trigger a python error by playing with the hall of fame screen like that.

Top Bottom