Hall of Fame Rules/FAQ

HS:

1. Yes - the impact is cumulative, so just putting it at 100% for the last 5 turns, will have little or no impact.

2. Yes - That's a common practice

3. Yes - This is another way for the human to outshine the AI

4. Yes, there is a list of prohibited tactics available in this subsection. If you think of something not listed there and think it might be an exploit, you can either post it here or pm/em to Superslug for approval.

Welcome the land of fun, enjoyment and no sleep :lol:

Edit: Rats beaten to the reply by Misfit again :shakehead

Head Serf said:
One more question:

I finished my Huge Warlord Spaceship game :dance: , and I launched the space ship in 1972. Do I submit my final save on year 1972 or 1973?
Submit the turn after, the 1973.

Despite my pretty activeness on the HoF forums, I haven't submitted a game yet. But I just finished a game, but realized that Mapstat had spoiler stuff about tile info I had used in a previous game to find the domination limit. In the rules, it says "info about the AI" and on MapStat it says "Disallowed in Gotm." The spoiler gave no AI info, and is it disallowed in HoF?

Did you first submit the game and then checked the 4000BC save? Then it should say "Already used".

I am in the middle of an Emperor-level game that may make it to the HOF.

Question is: What do I need? I mean, I suppose I need to WIN the game, right? But should I save at any particular point? I could nowhere find what exactly to do to submit? :crazyeye: I made saves at irregular intervals, but I don´t think I have saved the starting position. I do not even remember the precise settings! (Didn´t plan to submit the game to anything, it just occured to me now.)

@Own: Pentium's guess is a good one, because your submission included a 4000bc. And uploading the 4000bc autosav is perfectly fine.

@Coffeedragon: Winning is not a requirement, a loss can still make the score tables. If you do win, we need the save from the turn after. If you lose, we need the save from the turn right before you lose. We also need a very early save file as well. If you don't have the 4000bc save, we'll often accept something in the 3000bcs, and sometimes in the 2000bcs. Anything after that and you're probably out of luck.

superslug said:
If you lose, we need the save from the turn right before you lose.
Almost. We need the turn before the loss for a Conquest loss, for all other loss types we need the turn after the loss.

superslug said:
We also need a very early save file as well. If you don't have the 4000bc save, we'll often accept something in the 3000bcs, and sometimes in the 2000bcs. Anything after that and you're probably out of luck.

Oh. I looked into the folder and found the 850BC save. I now remember: I played from start to 850BC in one session, so that´s the first save. :sad:

Coffeedragon said:
Oh. I looked into the folder and found the 850BC save. I now remember: I played from start to 850BC in one session, so that´s the first save. :sad:
After you finish the game, send the turn after, plus the 850bc and three other files in. The three other files should be distributed as evenly as possible from what you've got. No promises, but we can take a look and possibly verify it. :)

Dianthus said:
Almost. We need the turn before the loss for a Conquest loss, for all other loss types we need the turn after the loss.
Once again, my first officer and chief engineer proves why I couldn't sail this ship on my own. :D ;) :scan:

Is automation of workers legal?

Also, i thought of a thing: (for the lower levels)
Say you have a trade route with civ A, civ A has furs in their boundries but don't connect them.
Can you bring in a group of your workers to make those furs connected and then trade them?

MadViking: Automation is ok - So is connecting a resource for an AI - A couple of games ago, I not only connected rubber for an AI, but I gifted the AI 3 techs to Replaceable Parts so he'd know he had them. (Montezuma can be a moron at times)

Head Serf said:
Will the HoF for Civ3 close when cIV comes out in November? :confused:
As long as I'm in charge, the III-HOF will remain open.

superslug said:
As long as I'm in charge, the III-HOF will remain open.

God save the Slug!!

Top Bottom