Hall of Fame Rules/FAQ

Hi, there is no rule against resaving the game later in the turn, is there? I saved right after my first unit to move and then after I moved them all. Thanks

Marsden said:
Hi, there is no rule against resaving the game later in the turn, is there? I saved right after my first unit to move and then after I moved them all. Thanks
No rule against saving, you can save as often as you like. It's loading that you mustn't do too often.

Own said:
You mean for the 4000BC save? I've been wondering that too.

It was actually the 1754AD save, I just wanted to make sure I saved because I just discovered fission and am trying to build the UN.

Thanks Dianthus!

Just to make it clear Marsden, if you continued after saving you're not allowed to load that 1754AD file and continue from there.

Dianthus said:
Just to make it clear Marsden, if you continued after saving you're not allowed to load that 1754AD file and continue from there.

Right, I saved and then I finished up. I though I was going to stop there, but I was able to keep going until the end in 1802. I had planned to stop after saving, but I found I had the time to press on til the end. Thanks. :goodjob:

Please excuse me, but I have recently begun enjoying random games of GOTM, and have noticed that it seems to play much differently than verison 1.29b of CIV III. So, I am wondering if anyone here would be kind enough to direct me to where I might review the rule/settings changes ofr the GOTM version of CIV III.

Thanks in advance,

Michael

michaelkottler said:
Please excuse me, but I have recently begun enjoying random games of GOTM, and have noticed that it seems to play much differently than verison 1.29b of CIV III. So, I am wondering if anyone here would be kind enough to direct me to where I might review the rule/settings changes ofr the GOTM version of CIV III.

Thanks in advance,

Michael
:confused: Well, the difference might be because the GOTM mods their releases for various things. Of course, you might want to ask in the Game of the Month forum. This is the Hall of Fame forum, or HOF.

If I'm misunderstanding you, and you're really looking for the HOF rules, then the link is in my signature near the bottom of this post.

Ok, I looked but can't find the level of culture required for a 100K culture win on non-standard map sizes. Would you please list them for me.

PS: I'm back for a couple of quick HOF games before Civ 4 or GOTM 49 gets here.

Tiny 60K
Small 80K
Standard 100K
Large 130K
Huge 160K

In civilopedia under victory conditions

Tone said:
Tiny 60K
Small 80K
Standard 100K
Large 130K
Huge 160K
It should be noted that these are the C3C levels. It's 100k flat for all mapsizes for Vanilla and PTW, which give those versions advantages for Large and Huge, but disadvantages for Small and Tiny. ;)

Good to see you back, if only for a while Denyd.:goodjob:

Hey Anybody or Everybody especially superslug or Mistfit.

I was wondering if the 'Dunkirk Retreat' is allowed for HOF. I've got a weakly defended Iron bearing island I don't need now, that is in danger. The units, if teleported by gifting, would go to the original Palace city.

I'm not trying to Palace jump, then teleport to a distant land, just to be clear. Can I gift the cities to any Civ I want?

Any help? Can't find in Allowed, Borderline, Disallowed, or FAQ pages.

:beer:

Ljdjr said:
I was wondering if the 'Dunkirk Retreat' is allowed for HOF. I've got a weakly defended Iron bearing island I don't need now, that is in danger. The units, if teleported by gifting, would go to the original Palace city......Can I gift the cities to any Civ I want?
Yes, that tactic is perfectly legal. IIRC, Moonsinger usually sent along a Settler with her new-continent assualt stacks, just in case she needed to back out.

Ljdjr said:
I'm not trying to Palace jump, then teleport to a distant land, just to be clear.
No worries, that would be legal too.:goodjob:

Hi, is it okay to post to the gauntlet thread?

I was wondering, no one has so far, and posting in a thread and asking can I post here is kind of silly.

Is there any rule about soliciting advice from others on a HOF game? In some cases I might like some opinions on my next move.

This would be advice from others on planning. I might share descriptions, screenshots or a save file to describe the current situation.

Thanks

Just to say that I'd hope that there wasn't such a rule. I'm not sure that I'd be in a position to advise you but if I thought I could help I'd be more than happy to.

Isn't that what the gauntlet threads do to some degree? Perhaps at a more strategic level but it's still sharing and discussing ideas.

I can see no issue with doing that. IMHO it is what makes this forum great. That people are willing to post suggestions and hints on how they get their amazing scores and dates or ask for help if needed.

That being said I don't think we want to get to the point of having HoF attempts run like a SG or HoF by commitee but I can't see a problem with what you want to do.

Top Bottom