Halp!

Justicex

Prince
I'm totally confused. I finally figured out how to get my colony rocking towards independence. In my last game, I was ready to declare independence by turn 97. The problem now is, I can't build a military since my colony is starving! WTF did I do wrong?

Attachments

• Scot AD-1626.ColonizationSave
    109.8 KB · Views: 113
I'm totally confused. I finally figured out how to get my colony rocking towards independence. In my last game, I was ready to declare independence by turn 97. The problem now is, I can't build a military since my colony is starving! WTF did I do wrong?

Ranches use food to produce horses, thus the starvation in your southern city. It would have been better to put the ranch/rancher in your northern city since it has a ton of food plots.

Tip: You have alot of fur in your southern city, but you have no Fur Traders making coats. You have two Fur Traders up in your northern city while you have a Master Distiller in the south and no sugar in any of your cities.

Thanks a bunch! Is it possible to remove buildings like the ranch? I'm still trying to figure out about the materials. The civilopedia isn't very helpful.

Thanks a bunch! Is it possible to remove buildings like the ranch? I'm still trying to figure out about the materials. The civilopedia isn't very helpful.

Naw, you can't remove buildings once they are there.

It just takes practice to understand the resources, you have the basics down, just tweak the towns a bit more.

Tip: I'd buy some cannons and make a couple dragoons and fight the Spanish. You'll get some free towns and be able to expand your economy. No need to declare indepence until the 1700's.

Seems like your desperate for tools but you told the king to stuff it on tax so they are banned. I did a little bit of rearranging so you got cayanne making tools for you now and you can ferry them to the other colonys and clear your construction backlog. Quebec needs an expert trapper

Hope thats helpful :)

Attachments

• Scot AD-1643.ColonizationSave
    117.5 KB · Views: 104
I played on. I was a little more careful about tweaking. I'm afraid to attack anyone cuz when i used to before, I'd attack a native right away and my poor soldire would get whomped after his first attack.

Seems like your desperate for tools but you told the king to stuff it on tax so they are banned. I did a little bit of rearranging so you got cayanne making tools for you now and you can ferry them to the other colonys and clear your construction backlog. Quebec needs an expert trapper

Hope thats helpful :)

Yup yup. I fixed that. I got massive miners in Montreal getting me ore. When I told the king off and got tools banned, I was msaking bunches :)

sorry for the double-post. This message popped as I was writing my response to the previous post.

I played on. I was a little more careful about tweaking. I'm afraid to attack anyone cuz when i used to before, I'd attack a native right away and my poor soldier would get whomped after his first attack.

You'll find that if you have a few cannon and a couple dragoons you can just roll through the Spanish cities one at a time. I'd be sure to leave enough guns for at least one soldier in the settlements nearest their border for defense.

I think you'll find fighting a war with the Eu's and Indians makes the game a little more fun!

You'll find that if you have a few cannon and a couple dragoons you can just roll through the Spanish cities one at a time. I'd be sure to leave enough guns for at least one soldier in the settlements nearest their border for defense.

I think you'll find fighting a war with the Eu's and Indians makes the game a little more fun!

I'm finding this whole game a lot more fun as I figure out how to make things work :)

Thanks again for everyone's help!

One more quick question. When you're setting up a trade route, what are those numbers beside the product on the Import/Export screen? What effect do they have?

I'm finding this whole game a lot more fun as I figure out how to make things work :)

Thanks again for everyone's help!

One more quick question. When you're setting up a trade route, what are those numbers beside the product on the Import/Export screen? What effect do they have?

They leave that amount of the item in the city you are exporting from. So say if you are exporting food, it won't starve the poor city you are exporting from. I don't think it has an effect on importing, just exporting, but I could be wrong(I don't use that feature personally).

They leave that amount of the item in the city you are exporting from. So say if you are exporting food, it won't starve the poor city you are exporting from. I don't think it has an effect on importing, just exporting, but I could be wrong(I don't use that feature personally).
Personally, I'd prefer to set a number to ship rather than a number to keep, but your food example is rather compelling. I guess it would be pointless complexity to make both possible.

Personally, I'd prefer to set a number to ship rather than a number to keep, but your food example is rather compelling. I guess it would be pointless complexity to make both possible.

Me personally, I'd like a manual that actally explained this crap instead of us having to guess or risk messing up our game trying to figure out.

Thanx again though for being so helpful :goodjob:

Manual? We don' need no steenkin' manual!

That's what the Forums are for.

;)

Top Bottom