Happy Guy Fawkes Day!

Dubai Vol

King
Just gone midnight here, so excuse me if I start celebrating four hours early. For those not familiar:

Guy Fawkes Day is celebrated in England as the anniversary of the failure of the Gunpowder Plot, a conspiracy to blow up the Houses of Parliament on November 5, 1605, the day that King James I was to open Parliament. Guy Fawkes was arrested in a cellar beneath the House of Lords with thirty-six barrels of gunpowder. Ultimately many other conspirators were chased, killed, arrested, imprisoned or executed.

The date is traditionally celebrated with bonfires, fireworks, and the burning of cloth effigies or "guys."

And, um, it also happens to be my 46th birthday. I know I'm not important enough to rate a birthday thread, but any well wishes are welcome.

Beer's on me!
:beer:

If by some chance anyone is in Dubai, the party's at the Hard Rock starting at 8:00

happy guy fawkes day! and happy birthday!

Happy birthday! Yeah!

Oh, and I heard some Ron Paul supporters (anarchists) were starting a fundraising thing today too.

No one likes Dubai!
Especially people who live here. The traffic is insane. The Hard Rock is just across the road and I'm getting a taxi just so I won't have to deal with it.

Last time I heard about Guy Fawkes was V for Vendetta...

Happy birthday though!:D

On a side note is alcohol prevalently found in Dubai because the UAE is near all Muslim and well I would assume selling alcohol would either be not profitable becuse of Muslims or profitable because of immigrant workers and hypocritical muslims.

Last time I herad about Guy Fawkes was when I was the first to research Communism on Civ4 BtS.
Anyway it's still more than five hours here before 5.9.

This is why we should just nuke the whole middle east.

and the UAE twice, just to make sure that all the Hard Rock Cafes are gone.

and the UAE twice, just to make sure that all the Hard Rock Cafes are gone.
:lol:

A discontented soldier drove over and emptied his rifle into the giant guitars a few years back. While I agree that the Hard Rock franchise is not one to support, Mrs Dubai wants to show me a good time and it's close. As one goes through life, one learns to choose one's battles, and loses interest in cutting off the nose to spite the face. It's a restaurant, and the food is not bad, the beer is good, and the prices are less outrageous than other places here. If it were up to me I'd cook a feast, but everybody seems to think I need a day off from cooking. If I didn't LIKE to cook , I wouldn't offer! So I'll go eat and drink at the Hard Rock, because my friends want to "treat" me.

Good beer, at least. Kilkenny.

Woooooooo... pretty colours :crazyeye:

:thumbsup:

why did he want to blow up the house of parliment anyway? and happy birthday to the op

Double post

He wanted to blow up the Houses of Parliament because he was a catholic terrorist/freedom fighter* when catholics were oppressed in Britain.

* delete as applicable

Top Bottom