Has Thal left the project?

Stalker0

Baller Magnus
Hey all,

Been a long time since I dropped by. Was seeing what was going on with the mod, I noticed in a few posts people mentioned Thal's "leaving".

Is Thal on another hiatus, or did he leave the project for good?

Expired might know. I have not heard from him myself. He hasn't been on github in about a month either I think.

I'm just going full blast with some updated work on the assumption that he was done, or at least done for a sufficiently long period that some work to be done was needed until he came back.

That's currently under debate here. Thal hasn't posted or been in contact with any of the other coders for a while now, as mystikx21 said.

There's currently an effort to fork the mod (more or less, even if we're not literally making a new fork on Github yet) so that we can keep updating it in his absence, but we haven't established that Communitas is officially dead either.

The question posed in the OP is irrelevant, what you should be asking is whether the mod is dead or not.
As I said in another post if we keep clinging to the hope of Thal's return this mod WILL grind to a halt.
Mystikx21 is currently collating all the desired changes we want. As soon as I can, I will open up the forked repo of a new offshoot of this mod.
This will be what I and anyone that wants to join will use as the successor to CEP.
This mod will stay as it is for anyone to use and perhaps change, a new mod based on this one will be maintained by me and any that want to help.
Hopefully I can provide a Steam release to takeover from the current.
I'm not a stage to set everything in motion but hope to come August.
So CEP will stay where it is and a new mod will take over.
Stay tuned.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

Sad to say but this mod seems to be dead or near to dead now, no one works on bugfixing and there is even no respond in the bugforums at all.

Its very sad as this was the best Civ 5 mod for me, but it seems after Thal leaved it the mod can't survive.

Very sad!

Top Bottom