Has the game finally been released for the rest of the world?

Might be Egypt and be a wonder whore.

And play on chieftan so I can build them all. Hey, it's my first game!

15 minutes to go...

As a reminder for those of you who missed the US launch / haven't preloaded a Steam title before, there's ANOTHER wait whilst all of the Steam files are decrypted - so it'll probably be another 30 minutes after launch-time before you can start a game...

This might be the rambling of a 40 y.o. man, but I can remember when it took, like 2 minutes, to load a game onto my ZX spectrum...when did it get so much harder?

Fellow Addicts :p

What are you gonna play you 1st game as?!

Persionally i will go for the Persians... because im a great admirer of Kyros and Darihos

I'm gonna go random, and adapt my gameplay to how I think that civilization would have approached things (economy, civics, expansion, diplomacy, military, etc).
It's a bit freaky, but it makes it interesting...

15 minutes to go...

As a reminder for those of you who missed the US launch / haven't preloaded a Steam title before, there's ANOTHER wait whilst all of the Steam files are decrypted - so it'll probably be another 30 minutes after launch-time before you can start a game...

Edit: I'm probably going to start with the Greeks, in the demo I was tearing up the world with their early-game Companion Cavalry, I want to see more on how that plays out.

really :cry: that sux

still havnt decided who to play as yet .... perhaps japan? they look cool

Persionally i will go for the Persians... because im a great admirer of Kyros and Darihos

First Siam and then Germany. (my two homes) :king:

English I think, 'cos well I'm English and possibly lack imagination...

Marathon game length. Probably King difficulty. Only thing I'm not sure on is whether I'll do my usual Civ IV thing of turning off all the victory conditions, or whether I'll give them a try.

15 minutes to go...

Edit: I'm probably going to start with the Greeks, in the demo I was tearing up the world with their early-game Companion Cavalry, I want to see more on how that plays out.

Add in any extra updates that need to be downloaded, and you may be waiting 45 minutes to an hour to launch the game. Getting the Deluxe version, there was another gigabyte that had to be installed, even though I had pre-loaded the game.

Yeah...sounds like its gonna destroy your life.

You're not a technician at a nuclear power plant or air traffic controller or similar?

Don't worry. Nuclear power plants don't blow up when people are unhappy. (I hated that in Civ2 :lol:)

Yeah...sounds like its gonna destroy your life.

You're not a technician at a nuclear power plant or air traffic controller or similar?

I lol'd my lungs out :lol:

But, im a student... and ive done this alot (Not sleeping) and it aint that bad....

Luckily not, I'm a High-school student.

Haha... so am i xD

Add in any extra updates that need to be downloaded, and you may be waiting 45 minutes to an hour to launch the game. Getting the Deluxe version, there was another gigabyte that had to be installed, even though I had pre-loaded the game.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO! *presses that blue button from the link earlier*

Im really torn...should i buy it now, and then i can play it til the morning and then have to shelf it for 1,5-2 weeks, or should i just buy it in 2 weeks, when i actually will have the time to play (my exams couldnt be at a worse time)?

Only a few minutes!!! It's getting quite hot in my smallish room with the computer on.

Heh... this thread is going to be dead once Steam allows playing :)

Top Bottom