Has the game finally been released for the rest of the world?

OMG OMG OMG it's starting!!! I'll play a little while and then to bed... Hopefully I won't be like "one more turn..."

OK...mine says 5hrs 15mins now...so I'm going to go play an entire game of Civ IV...which I was able to play first time RIGHT OUT THE BOX...damn Steam!

Tara peeps...see you all in five hours or so.

I think I'm going to join you. Here's the problem with Steam - it takes the power away from the consumer who has already paid legally for the game, while the pirates crack the game and enjoy steam-free play anyway.

Installed the game but when starting to play and after having chosen for dx9 or dx11 it says:

civ is not working: we will look for a solution... ARGGHHH

More of you having this?

I can't understand why it takes so long. I'm watching it decypt on resource monitor, and it uses between 1 and 11MB/sec of Disk I/O, usually 1MB/sec. It's doing it on a RAID0 stripe on SSDs, so they won't bottleneck at that speed. I have 6 cores, and 8GB of RAM, and Steam is using less than 1% of CPU cycles, and around 40MB of RAM.

An exercise in frustration :) I thought I'd wait an extra half hour before going to bed to see if it'd be up and running, and 52 minutes later no game!

Still no unlock in the UK what the heck it's 1:30 am in the 24th here and it won't let me install my DVD...

Bought the DVD copy at the Free Recordshop (The Netherlands) 10 hours ago, my game is installed and started. I am playing now :D

No matter what I do, it keeps validating the same file and pausing over and over and over again. Switched download regions, deleted clientregistry.blob, reinstalled it a couple times... WTF.

This is the best advertisement for it I've ever seen.

Exactly. They've really peed off alot of players with this Steam horsepoop. Lots of friends of mine bought Civ everyone of those has been ranting over this unlock fiasco.

Punishing those who are legit and support the developers once more....

Still no unlock in the UK what the heck it's 1:30 am in the 24th here and it won't let me install my DVD...

Utter utter bollox!!!

Apparently we have to have a 1GB download after as well!! The servers are obviously going to be congested, its looking doubtful that I will be able to play this game tonight!!!

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: CivilizationV_DX11.exe

What the????

Top Bottom