Have a copy of Alien Crossfire to sell?

Sim_One

Emperor
Please if anyone would be willing to sell me an old copy of Alien Crossfire, I'd be willing to pay $30 for it. I really want a copy of this game but I cannot afford to pay the $130 on Amazon and eBay. So if you have an old copy of the game and don't need it anymore, please share the joy of SMAX with someone who doesn't have a lot of money to spare!

email me at: StoneAgeAxeman@gmail.com

Thanks and happy new year!

Hi there and sorry for the late answer

Alien Crossfire is actually abandonware, i.e. you can dl and play it for free. Get the link at:
edit: link removed
You can also dl the manual there.

Unfortunately, i was't able to install it since i've got only the German version of SMAC :(

You can download and play anything for free, but it doesn't make it more legal, even if it is called "abandonware". That term is made up by pirates who want justification for pirating old software.

For the record, I agree with those pirates, but that doesn't stop abandonware from being illegal until they have gotten through their case.

Oh, now i feel stupid.:blush: I really thought abandonware was an official term, meaning there was no commercial interest of the developer anymore. I deleted the link, just in case. I really don't want to support piracy.

However, you cannot get SMAX in stores or buy it online, so noone is harmed if you decide to dl it. just google "alien crossfire abandoned".

I don't know if the term is official or not, but abandonware is illegal anyway as long as the developer has not put the software into the public domain.

But you are right, SMAX is not to be found in shops anymore, so it's not like Firaxis is losing any money if you download it.

And, it doesn't really matter which language version of SMAX you get...

http://smac.2be.cc/tools.html

At this site, they have the Alien Crossfire voice and text files, so you can replace German with French (for example), if need be, which is really useful 'cos it opens up which versions you can buy, given the scarcity of it nowadays. I bought the German version of SMAX, installed, then replaced the text and voice files, and it worked perfectly with my English-language SMAC...

Hope it helps!

$125 on Amazon? They're really crazy... But I love my SMAX too much! I got my copy when my mother worked at Scholastic. They still sell it (at least, as of August 2005) in their school book fairs magazines if you can somehow get ahold of one of those. Unfortunately, my mom no longer works there so I can't help you.

Thanks for the help everyone. Someone has sold me a copy of the game and I'm happy to announce I've just made my first world conquest with the Pirates! :D

Top Bottom