Have You Ever Been Nuked By The A.I.

WabeWalker

Chieftain
I've just lost the race for The Manhattan Project with The Americans - meaning that they can now build a nuclear missle.

What are the odds that they'll use it against me?

In my second game on emperor I was going for a scientific victory, and got beat to the Manhattan Project. The Mongols had been declaring war on me all game, and they got the nuke. They were even more technologically advanced than me, however, I was already building my spaceship (turned most of my science to gold to rush units/buildings for defense). All the Ai were either already at war with me, or had just declared war on me. The first thing I did was switch my tech to get the SDI defense. I think I went 10-15 turns to finally get the techs I needed for it. Once I did I rushed SDI defense in all my major cities.

So the Mongols had a good amount of time to use the nuke on me, and they were invading me like crazy with bombers/fighters/tanks. I thought for sure I would get nuked, but I didn't. Maybe I just got lucky though? :D

Sure. I was nuked into stonage a couple of times. In my opinion the AI is a littlte bit careless with those nukes. If they have them, they will find a way to get rid of them by nuking neigbours.

Sure. I was nuked into stonage a couple of times. In my opinion the AI is a littlte bit careless with those nukes. If they have them, they will find a way to get rid of them by nuking neigbours.

Really?

In a way this is good news.

Because I eventually did win the game that I had posted about in this thread. I won the space race even though America had a nuclear missle. So the question is: why didn't they use it to obliterate my ONLY city?

It's true, I had only ONE city.

All America had to do was nuke me, and that would have been it. I think that this is a definite weakness with the A.I.

It was a surprisingly close game. I believe that had I not landed on Alpha Centauri on that turn, then on the very next turn, America would have won an economic victory (for five turns in a row my advisor had been warning me that America was close to economic victory, and on my second to last turn in the game I was advised that they were fewer than $1000 away). Which makes it all the more baffling why they didn't launch their nuclear missle at me? They should have switched their government away from democracy and nuked me, which is what a normal person would have done. That makes me wonder though - when another civilization launches spaceships to Alpha Centauri, as I did, do the other civilizations know of the arrival date? Maybe, in my game, America didn't know that I was about to land on Alpha Centauri, which is why they didn't nuke me?

What's the penalty for launching a nuclear missle, by the way? Is there one? There ought to be one. If you launch a nuclear device then all the other countries should either cease to trade with you, or should declare war on you.

No one likes you anymore, big surprise. You take a culture level hit by "1", but at that late in the game it really doesn't matter. The ai's will generally DOW if they're not warring against you already.

Where's the Horn, where's the horn?!?

Well if America was $1000 from economic Victory, they still have to build the World Bank.

Top Bottom