Having troubles with XML text when starting

JumpoutthwWindow

Chieftain
Hi, I'm having some odd troubleshooting while launching the game. While the game loads, just after the initializing part, a lot of errors pop up saying there's a problem with italian, french, spanish XML text lines and uses other XML files instead for some reason. And then I get this odd TEXT_KEY attached to almost every technologies, buildings, units and so on.

Can anyone help me out with this? it would be very much appreciated :undecide:

can you show me the exact error message you're getting ?

mb. I forgot to upload the pictures :undecide:

error 2.png error 4.png error 1.png error 3.png

some of those are in korean though.. it says the finishing tag is mismatched with the language tag it has.

just to make things sure, I'm using the latest version of ashes of erebus(14.11) and so for Civ 4(3.19) too

Thanks in advance!

hmmm, from what i can gather from those pictures, it seems that there is an issue processing texts with an accent on 'a', like à or á.
I assume it comes from the fact that you're using a Korean OS . The short-term solution would be for you to open those files and edit those accented letters out. For the next version, i'll replace the strings with the proper unicode to remove the bug.

hmmm, from what i can gather from those pictures, it seems that there is an issue processing texts with an accent on 'a', like à or á.
I assume it comes from the fact that you're using a Korean OS . The short-term solution would be for you to open those files and edit those accented letters out. For the next version, i'll replace the strings with the proper unicode to remove the bug.
I see.. I guess I'll have to wait until it gets fixed since there's like 30~40 of them poping out

Thanks for the help!

Here, that should be enough. I removed every accent i could think of. In case you still have some errors, please post the screenshots here, that'll help me track down the accents i missed.

Attachments

• Text.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 226
Here, that should be enough. I removed every accent i could think of. In case you still have some errors, please post the screenshots here, that'll help me track down the accents i missed.
It works now! I can't tell how much I've wanted to play this mod, and it's all thanks to you

Even to put an hour to help some random guy like me, you're truly the man of my day :goodjob:

Top Bottom