Help a newbie make his first scenario

Dryblast

Chieftain
Hello,I am a newbie who recently got into modding.I am wondering if any of you are interested in a scenario about southeast asia.Sorry if this thread is in the wrong place.

STILL WIP

Info:
This scenario spans 88 years between the year 1800 to 1888.
You can play as colonizer trying to conquer everything or natives trying to survive the colonizers

Edit:
Changed the scenario to span only 105 years

My progress:
Have already created a map.
made half of the map's terrain
made most of the civs

Screenshots:
Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Last edited:
Should I ask for permission to use leaderheads and units from the creators or can i just put their names in the credits and not ask

Nice! Good idea.
The map spanning from Korea to north Australia looks neat too.
For some reasons I have a keen interest in this region of the world, so I am looking fw to its release.

What are you now working on?

I found the tech trees the worst to make.

As for user created items (leaderheads, art, units etc)
You can use them, you dont need to ask for permission.
It's good practice to credit/ mention/ thank the creators, if you remember who made what.

Good luck with the scenario!

Nice! Good idea.
The map spanning from Korea to north Australia looks neat too.
For some reasons I have a keen interest in this region of the world, so I am looking fw to its release.

What are you now working on?

I found the tech trees the worst to make.

As for user created items (leaderheads, art, units etc)
You can use them, you dont need to ask for permission.
It's good practice to credit/ mention/ thank the creators, if you remember who made what.

Good luck with the scenario!
I'm still working on the civs and the map right now.Anyways thanks for your comments

I have the british,dutch,french,portugal and germany as colonizer though i still want to add more
You should add the United States and Spain, and also Japan, even though they are Asian. The Japanese were very interested in extended their control over Korea, and did take the island of Formosa from China in 1895. They took over Korea in 1905.

You should add the United States and Spain, and also Japan, even though they are Asian. The Japanese were very interested in extended their control over Korea, and did take the island of Formosa from China in 1895. They took over Korea in 1905.
Thanks for the suggestion

Quick update:
0.01.PNG

The map looks like this now.

New Civs:
Japan
Tidore
US
Spain
Sulawesi

Question:
Should i add a aboriginal australia civilization

Last edited:
That all depends on what you want your scenario to be.
Do they play any role in the story, or are they just....there?
They are supposed to be just there but I could make them play a role though it might make the experience a bit weird considering they were not historically important nor an actual civilization irl and anyway the area of the map given to them are just deserts but i might add them as a just there type of civs.

Edit:
Ignore this post,i have made my decision already(I have decided to not add them in)

Last edited:
Help

Sorry for previously deleting the post before

I am trying to add new music but it keeps crashing
Wrong format of the mp3 files could be the reason for the crash. Convert them to the exact same format as the original ones, and see if that helps (128 kbps, 44 kHz, stereo).

Wrong format of the mp3 files could be the reason for the crash. Convert them to the exact same format as the original ones, and see if that helps (128 kbps, 44 kHz, stereo).
The mp3 file is exactly 128 kbps and 44khz though it will still crash

Am I allowed to use songs downloaded from youtube for my scenario
Only if you dont tell anyone, maybe. ;)
There is a lot of free to use royalty free music.
If you credit them, I think its ok to use that.
As for other music, record companies are kinda r about it, so better just save the hasstle.
You are not making money, so I wouldnt worry about it.

Keep in mind that just because you are not making money on someones work, does Not mean it does not hurt them or OK.
Reason... Because if others can gain their work for free, they do not need to buy it or anything that uses it that costs money.

Best to avoid what isn't Free to distribute.

Top Bottom