HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! me uninstall

darthintrepid

Chieftain
:mad: I'm in the middle of quite a large mod, and my computer glitched!:eek: I had to uninstall civ3, but the glitch affected my auto-uninstall, so i zipped my saves, leaders, and units, and hacked it all out. Now it won't reinsatall from the disk. The disk only asks for reinstall/uninstall. So I figure there's a program left, and i scour my hard drive. I found civ.exe(about 2 megs) in my windows.ooo folder and delete it, but when I put the disk back in, it still says un/reinstall, and civ.exe pops bak up in my win.000 folder.
Has anyone else done this, and do you know what I need to take out?:confused: :cry:

You should have a folder: "InstallShield Installation Information" located in your Program Files folder. One of the subfolders in there has the install/uninstall info for Civ3. Figure out which one it is and delete it.

You may also need to edit your Registry to clean out an y Civ3 entries. Best to get a registry cleaner to do it for you. Be sure you know what you are doing if you do this by hand!

Thanks for the info, padma. I totally cleaned out the hard drive and re-formatted. Now I'm gonna check out that folder
:goodjob: :love:

I tricked it! I deleted the reg key for foraxis, but left the regedit box open. I popped in the cd, and voila!
The game automatically reentered the keys on download
(when I tried to do it before, my comp would restore to default, that's why i left the box open, then downloaded)
Thanx for your help Padma

I second that thanks, Padma. Had the same issue and found that deleting the proper InstallShield folder did the trick. Thanks!

Top Bottom