Help needed. No maps work for me in ffh2

Aurore

Chieftain
Sorry for asking what may be a noob question.

I have a number of maps, including the map of erebus, also the big kr217 etc map of the world and other publicsave maps.

I can use them with normal civ 4. well the world one. i never tried the map of erebus on civ 4 so dont know there.

But if I try to choose custom scenario from ffh2, either 0.30 or 0.31, I get a crash with crossfire claiming there was a problem.

Now I remember being able to use maps before and played using the big earth map with ffh2 before, though maybe was 0.25.

All the files i have are new as I am using a new pc. But I did remove and reinstall ffh2 0.31 just in case, but I still have the problem. Any attempt to choose a map from ffh2 leads to a crash so I have to use random maps to play.

Anyone know if im doing something stupid?

Aurore

If its relevant, I notice some maps contain a file called customfunctions.py and Ive just been extracting that into the same maps directory, which I guess means that any other file called that will be overwritten in the process. Is that causing me a problem? Should I just delete that file? All Im after is the map after all.

Aurore

As I recall the primary issue in these cases is the number of available Civilizations. In FfH that is now 35, so you have to adjust that.

If the map had placed any specific leaders, then it has their name somewhere and you have to alter that as well (in addition to mention of resources like Oil and whatnot that are not in FfH).

I've never edited a map before. But just looked at one in notepad, and yes I see they list the civs, so the earth maps just list the ordinary civ names...

I dont know. What I actually want to do is use a map but not have the civs start in predetermined places. Basicly i want to play a game with a pre designed map but almost as if it were a random map with civs appearing at random and no need to mention in advance who the leaders or civs areor where they start, just use the map as a 'board' with the civs thrown on at random.

Is that possible?

Aurore

Well, I know it is possible to create a mapscript (see the Creation Mapscript link in my sig), and then you can choose which Civs to use and it'll be tossed out randomly.

Reasonably certain you can set up a mapscript to have a static map layout as well, but no set leaders, so whatever you decide to have in the game will be placed randomly.

Top Bottom