help needed with new Paradise Found scenario

After 8 attempts a finally won this Scenario in Deity and I will share here how I made it.

I pretty sure is only possible to win this scenario (in Deity) aggressively. First I choice Samoa civilization (Leads by Gandhi) and after meet Fiji with my first warrior I back to be around Tonga to steal his settler (and also a worker). Montezuma also gives me 100 gold + some per turn which I used to purchase some settlers (all my settlers I purchased to still growing my cities). {I don't spend money with city-states, the AI do that so aggressively, is best save your money in Settlers and to upgrade units}.

I found my first and second cities up and down of Vanuatu (where in the real world are the New Celadonia and the Malakula island). I start there because they will be useful in the late game building ships. About the social policies, first I choice Honor to have warriors with the Drill promotion because all barbarians in this scenarios are in rough terrain except in New Zealand and Mexico, then a choice The Arts to my monuments be worth and then go directly to Haka.

When I am almost in the Haka Social Policy I move 3 warriors and one settler to New Zealand and found the city where is Auckland (but not in the coast, inside the country is better to have more bonus with Moais, that is a cultural game after all !!). New Zealand and Australia have a big spawn of barbarians, I recommend let some Units around there to get extra culture points.

To get Whales are some small islands next New Zealand and next Australia but these islands are so small and just have Whales and nothing more worthy. If you be enough fast you can move a warrior and a settler straight to east and found in the last island before Eastern Island, but be careful, Kamehameha can be already settler there, if he did, go to Easter Island, the AI never found there.

I just made this 6 cities (Capital, New Celadonia, Malakula, Auckland, French Polynesia, and Easter Island) but if you want to settle more cities I recommended do more in New Zealand, Maybe Austraila, Hawaii is good because have more Marble and Mexico have the only river in the game. Maybe you can do a city in the Worthless Wales Islands to trade with Tahiti or Hiva, but I believe is better invade the city-state where they are getting Sugar and force they give they diamonds or incense for your sugar (or maybe your marble you will get in the Eastern Island).

Don't forget the science in this game!!! You need to be hurry to have a Navy fast and after Captain Cooks visit you will need Frigates fast as possible. (If you don't do any library in this game you will lose before be able to research the cannon !!).

When you research Navigation make some ships to help to kill the barbarians but after a moment will be hard to find more barbarians, so build your barrack and than more ships to invade Tonga. The AI for some reason do sooooo many melee units, focus in these units to win the culture points (and also win promotions), and just try to catch the city when you have Frigates. I believe you will need at least 4 Frigates to take a city (Two turns) but with some melee units that can be easier. But the focus is to kill units and not take cities. (I just take the Tonga capital because they don't want a Peace treaty where they give me the spices (even I offering my sugar).

To finish this game you have two options to still your Warmonger, you can attack Fiji or Vanuatu (Both have many units to kill) or go to Tahiti or Hiva. I made both but take care, one time a lost my capital in a real fast attack of Tahiti. But even after losing the capital is possible to win this game XD.

Last edited:
Top Bottom