help pls - where can I find Social Policies descriptions?

Tiberiu

Prince
Hello, I am at begginer level when it comes to modding.

I know it's not how experts do it, but I made a version of the game for myself by editing the required XML files for rebalancing Unit combat strenghts, Social Policies, and buffing/nerfing certain religious beliefs. (I made a backup of original files to be able to revert the changes)

Everything is working fine in the game, but I haven't found where can I change the descriptions of the changes so that they are shown correctly in-game. Right now the game shows the old descriptions.

If somebody is willing to help me beyond this small question in order to create a normal, standard Mod, please feel free to let me know so that I post all the rebalances/changes. I don't have the knowledge needed to create a normal mod.

Thanks in advance.

Possibly in D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\Expansion2\Gameplay\XML\Text\en_US\CIV5GameTextInfos_Jon_Expansion2.xml

But I would recommend you check out a free utility called Agent Ransack, which will allow you to search all the game files for a specific text string (eg the old social policy text)

Possibly in D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\Expansion2\Gameplay\XML\Text\en_US\CIV5GameTextInfos_Jon_Expansion2.xml

But I would recommend you check out a free utility called Agent Ransack, which will allow you to search all the game files for a specific text string (eg the old social policy text)

Thanks, this was helpful, I found some of the policy descriptions right where you suggested. But sadly there were not all of them in there, for some reason, but now I can at least search for the others in those text files, and I will also try to use the utility you named.

Top Bottom