Help Wanted Ads

How do I change the value of a property on a building based on Tech?

Code:
			<PropertyManipulators>
			  <PropertySource>
			    <PropertySourceType>PROPERTYSOURCE_CONSTANT</PropertySourceType>
			    <PropertyType>PROPERTY_EDUCATION</PropertyType>
			    <iAmountPerTurn>1</iAmountPerTurn>
			  </PropertySource>
			</PropertyManipulators>

I want to increase it to 2 at Writing.

You can try this.

Code:
  <iAmountPerTurn>
   <If>
    <Has>
     <GOMType>GOM_TECH</GOMType>
     <ID>TECH_WRITING</ID>
    </Has>
    <Constant>2</Constant>
    <Constant>1</Constant>
   </If>
  </iAmountPerTurn>

Have we exposed a CyPlot method getLongitude() to Python similar to the getLatitude? Can we?

Looks like we don't have getLongitude in the dll but the basis we derive getLatitude from should be easily duplicated for getLongitude. That'd be an easy project to give that to ya. Do you want this pre-release or can it wait? I like what you may be thinking about here if I'm guessing correctly.

Looks like we don't have getLongitude in the dll but the basis we derive getLatitude from should be easily duplicated for getLongitude. That'd be an easy project to give that to ya. Do you want this pre-release or can it wait? I like what you may be thinking about here if I'm guessing correctly.

After the release is fine. I need it to "fix" resource placement to match the animal spawn definitions. Eventually we may like to add a minimum and maximum longitude to the bonus infos XML.

I thought it may have something to do with that. OK... remind me after release then please. Not something that will take more than 15 min of structural work but we both know I've got a lot to do between now and release still.

I made two new events. One worked great, to test it I set the value on -1, so it will always trigger when the requirements are met. This doesn't work for the other. Now I wanted to trigger it via python, but I can't find where I have to activate "chipotle". It says .ini file, but I can't find one.

Type it under cheats.
But you know... You can activate it via wb

Plot Data.
If you can't it is a super old version.

Hello!
I'm a bit new here, but I'm interested in helping out the modders for C2C in what little ways I can to improve the game.
I will admit though, my knowledge of XML and SQL syntax isn't top notch, and as a result of this I'm mostly interested in simple editing.
Yknow, balancing numbers, tweaking variables, making minor changes here and there, and probably most important of all: Making suggestions on what should be changed/added by the more experienced modders.

Hi voskhod, that's great! :goodjob:
What kinda needs tweaking are IMO the properties of buildings. We have the ability to give Buildings (and units) a property that changes with bonus, Buildings, Techs, Civics... So for example you could give Factories + Air Pollution with tehcs like Industrialism, Consumerism etc and - Air Pollution and - Flammability with more modern techs like Robots for example. So what I thought doing was goining through all buildings (in small steps) and see which property changes would make sense.

Might sound very hard, I can give you the code for that so that you just had to chance some names of techs and change some values.

Sure, suppose I could do that. I already have svn installed, is there anything else I need to communicate with you and the modders?

Sure, suppose I could do that. I already have svn installed, is there anything else I need to communicate with you and the modders?

You need to get the agreement of whoever is in charge of that aspect of the mod you are changing and you will need to post the XML on the appropriate forum for someone to load to the SVN when the changes are agreed to.

This is the way we do things for anyone who wants to do casual help with the mod.

Hello!
I'm a bit new here, but I'm interested in helping out the modders for C2C in what little ways I can to improve the game.
I will admit though, my knowledge of XML and SQL syntax isn't top notch, and as a result of this I'm mostly interested in simple editing.
Yknow, balancing numbers, tweaking variables, making minor changes here and there, and probably most important of all: Making suggestions on what should be changed/added by the more experienced modders.

This is why I usually suggest for a starter to get familiar with charting on Google Docs to:
1) get visibility on the values your looking to balance out and recalibrate
2) plan out the recalibration or adjustments or new tag dynamics
and
3) enable discussion and observation of those plans by the team
then
4) you've got a solid design plan to implement directly into xml and I've been experiencing from this that it makes the adjustments much faster when you go to do so (if you use a few tricks I've developed for myself which I'll go over at that point.)

A good example is the Combat Mod planning documentation in my sig line - these are examples of charted planning that has moved from there to implementation.

Hello!

Best thing to start at right now is adding tech mp3's and quotes., just look a the thread "Audio" i have a simple tutorial near the end that is very useful.

@voskhod

Well tell us what you think needs changing. That way we can review your suggestions and see if we agree or disagree or come to a compromise. I am the main building person so I get a bit protective over them. Especially since many of the stats are there for reason that might not be apparent to someone new. Likewise there may be changes already made to buildings that we don't want to undo.

In fact one of the biggest problems I have found is that I can never keep everyone happy. Even within the modding team there are changes I have made that some don't like while there are also changes that others have made that I don't like. The mod is filled with compromise and tolerance of other's work.

In short please don't be offended if suggestions do not make the cut, we are always open to new ideas, but many times we have been down those roads before and do not wish to change it every time someone new comes along to change the same thing over and over.

However a new pair of eyes sometimes reveals things no one has thought of yet. The best way to help is to get VERY familiar with what we have already. Because I noticed in the civic topic you were mentioning things we either had just suggested or are already in the game. It doesn't help us if its already done.

@voskhod

Well tell us what you think needs changing. That way we can review your suggestions and see if we agree or disagree or come to a compromise. I am the main building person so I get a bit protective over them. Especially since many of the stats are there for reason that might not be apparent to someone new. Likewise there may be changes already made to buildings that we don't want to undo.

In fact one of the biggest problems I have found is that I can never keep everyone happy. Even within the modding team there are changes I have made that some don't like while there are also changes that others have made that I don't like. The mod is filled with compromise and tolerance of other's work.

In short please don't be offended if suggestions do not make the cut, we are always open to new ideas, but many times we have been down those roads before and do not wish to change it every time someone new comes along to change the same thing over and over.

However a new pair of eyes sometimes reveals things no one has thought of yet. The best way to help is to get VERY familiar with what we have already. Because I noticed in the civic topic you were mentioning things we either had just suggested or are already in the game. It doesn't help us if its already done.

Yeah, the reason I was suggesting stuff that was already added was because I was using the old ModDB version of the game for a long time, and only very recently switched to the constantly updated SVN version. Derp. :crazyeye:
Anyways, compromise is sorta what I expected.
With all that out of the way, the main thing I want to do as of now is get acquainted with the "system" in place. How is planning done, how can one make suggestions, how to talk and communicate with modders and the C2C team (besides the forum, which is very slow in getting responses), discussing new ideas, and reworking already existing ideas.

One of the reasons for the slowness of the forums is because we are an international mod with people contributing code (XML, Python and C++) from all over the world. This means a minimum of 24 hours to get feedback from everyone assuming there are no special days involved.

Top Bottom