Help with Warlords Multiplayer Scenario

KaiserBenjamin

Warlord
When I load the mod and go to host and launch the Earth Map 24 Civs, either with the 24 civs or even without the mod loaded, it won't let me select whether to close a slot or leave it open. The same is true for Pantastic's Huge Earth map. This leads me to believe that it isn't the mod, it's the scenario file itself. Does anyone know how to edit a scenario to change the Open/Closed/AI function and either preselect which are AI and which are Open or to make it editable in the game? Thanks in advance.

KaiserBenjamin said:
When I load the mod and go to host and launch the Earth Map 24 Civs, either with the 24 civs or even without the mod loaded, it won't let me select whether to close a slot or leave it open. The same is true for Pantastic's Huge Earth map. This leads me to believe that it isn't the mod, it's the scenario file itself. Does anyone know how to edit a scenario to change the Open/Closed/AI function and either preselect which are AI and which are Open or to make it editable in the game? Thanks in advance.

I believe that, in the scenario file, you're going to have all the players (each player's section starts with BeginPlayer and ends with EndPlayer). Each one of those will probably say CivType=Whatever and LeaderType=Whatever. I think that if they are all set to something, then you will be forcing those Civs to be in that spot. I also think that they can be replaced by humans when a human joins, and that's how you can make them humans other than AI.

I think if you want to make them available to edit, you will need to change those lines to say CivType=NONE and LeaderType=NONE. That means that the slot can be closed or filled with whatever Civ the player wants.

I'm not sure if this is all correct, since typically I just fill all my scenario files with CivType=NONE and LeaderType=NONE, but I know that with all my scenarios in MP you can set them to whatever you want, you're not "stuck" in positions like the scenarios that come with the game.

Hope that gives you something to work with.

Top Bottom