Hermetic Lore for FFH DI5

^Ah, looks like my memory wasn't quite correct. That interpretation of it does make sense, and I guess while it would be more in character for Esus not to appear as himself, the Godslayer line was more than funny enough to make up for that.

If you want feedback on the concept of a "corrupt Bigit" questline, then yes it could be fun. But you haven't really fleshed out anything beyond that;

Might be a tad too soon, Verdian only has one boat and it can only travel on coast not ocean and it cannot transport a lot at once. Nor can the Kuriotates spam a lot of adepts yet due to only having one city. Will you reveal the Circle? Move it close or far away? Personally half of the fun in a quest such as this might be in the finding of the lost Brigit.

How would you explain the "dark towers", were they created by barbarians? By magic? whom then? Should the Kuriotates themselves found a city and built forts themselves? What influence does Ceridwen have as she imprisoned Brigit? plus why would barbarians be attacking the Dragon Clan doing your bidding, as the Barbarian Orcs are technically under your sway?

It would also destory part of Brigit. She's meant to be immortal but because the Barbarians don't have a capital she'd just die once they mobbed her enough. If you waited until one of the Infernal Pacts was used then you could add her as a Demon unit to that team? *shrug* Or you could just give her to the Kuriotates.

Another aspect is that many of the "unfallen" followers of Brigit and her uncorrupted view of Fire are now working for Lugus. So that could have some influence on the quest line as well.

Cernunnos really wouldn't be involved but these are some points to think about for fleshing it out. The concept I like. But If you just tell Verdian "go put mages next to Brigit NOW"... well there's no lead up storywise, not much incentive narrativley and not much of a reward for something so tricky. He'd end up ignoring it untill turn 200/250 anyway. I'd just try and hint towards it for now. Start a few stories about Brigit. Mention her somehow. I'm sure some of the other gods closer to the concept might have ideas.

-

PS, Verdian hasn't been online since the 27th has he taken 2 weeks to take a save or respond before?

@ axecack :
"corrupting brigit" and earning nothing but a barbarian brigit .... well it is not a real advantage for me (but I may be wrong)
maybe the quest would need half mages/adept and half AV savants (or better : profane so he needs to convert to AV?)?
maybe the gain could be a demonic + hidden nationality brigit (with ?stigmata? and weak to balance the fact that brigit comes "early"), in kurios hands ?

@axecack:
The main problem I see with the corrupted Brigit quest is that if Brigit refused to fall with Bhall originally, she isn't going to just change her mind now without some serious convincing. She might if she thought Bhall might be rising again and wanted to encourage her on this path but this doesn't fit with any of your previous plans. I'd suggest a story like this for the Brigit quest.
  • With Agares being His despondant self, Bhall wants someone passionate to share Her conquering of Erebus with. As She has never stopped loving Her favourite angel, She decides its time to bring Brigit back into the fold. If the Kuriotates find the Ring of Carcer, and complete the required quests, Bhall will reveal how to enter the Ring of Carcer and free Brigit. - Queue missions to find Ring of Carcer and prepare suitable units. I'd see Bhall using AV Savants and Priests rather than Mages. You can always promote one of the units up to level 15 to allow it to enter the ring to complete the last part of the quest.
  • When freed, Brigit rejects Bhall once more. She immediately flies off and joins the Malakim or some other Empyrean worshipping civ as selected by Lugus. you might want to bring the level of the unit that went into the ring back down now and gift it some experience.
  • Bhall switches into psychopathic, jilted "lover" mode. As this is the second time that Brigit has rejected Her, She is extremely irate. If She can't have Brigit, then no-one shall. She sends a fallen angel to the Kuriotates (with message) but also as a weapon in the coming war and demands that they a) kill Brigit, b) Raze the city she fled to or c) Annhiliate the civ that she has joined. The Clan of Embers, if still around would also go to war with the civ that Brigit joins. As she's in a rage I expect that Her request would be punctuated with NOW, NOW, NOW. - if the Kuriotates fail to meet Her demands in time, send in a couple of volcanoes and forest fires to spur them on.

As for Ceridwen, she imprisoned Brigit because she didn't fall along with Bhall. If she fell after all, I'd say she would just free her.

PS, Verdian hasn't been online since the 27th has he taken 2 weeks to take a save or respond before?
There was 2 weeks for the last set of God interventions also.
So, today would normally be the day I collect the save. But as I only gave you all the save 3 days ago, I wanted to ask if you gods need/want an additional week to update the save and plot amongst yourselves?
I expect he intentionally gave us 2 weeks this time.

edit: I've managed to add Jonas in by screwing around with the World Builder code. There are a few bugs with this, however. Firstly, The emyrs was for some reason made into a city and the capital asked me whether or not to make it a city/settlement when I loaded it up. Secondly, all of the research towards writing disappeared for some reason but I guess that could be fixed by resetting the previous number. Jonas' city is located in the top center of the map. I guess I should make him a different color so it'd be easier to distinguish. Anyways, this was just a proof of concept that new civs CAN be added as long as you deal with the side effects.
What are the steps for adding in a civ like this? Any ideas on how to sort the side effects?

Also I'm not really familiar with the Lugus situation and how some former followers of Brigit are serving him, is there an article that explains this?

The Civilopedia indicates that Brigit is the only one of Bhall's angels who remained holy who was not slain, but Kael had previously stated that there were a lot of angels who fled to serve other gods (most went to Lugus, but there were also many who now serve Bhall and some who probably serve the other good gods too Junil). I personally prefer to think that all the angels to fought with Brigit against Bhall, but that there were others who simply abandoned both Bhall and Brigit before they fought each other during Bhall's fall. It seems these angels might not have been true to their element of passion, and so their elements and personalities would have been changed to match their new lords.

I believe that the same pedia entry says that Bhall's heaven was destroyed with that one thought of Bhall, but Kael had also stated that her heaven remains but is empty. I prefer to think that it was damaged and that portions of it fell, but a large portion of it remains intact, waiting for Brigit to ascend there and claim her mistress's godhood as her own.

Has anyone checked up on the Elohim? How are their scouts; are any of them still alive?

Elohim had no scouts at turn 100. They had 18 warriors and 2 adepts.
There was no angel on the Pyre of Seraphic (Clan of Embers territory) or Odio's Prison (Luchuirp territory).

Um, please don't change any of the files in the game. That makes compatibility issues crop up that I would rather not have to deal with. Just use the tools available to you in world builder.

The pictures I used I found on google pics and deviantart.com. They have lots of stuff like that.

Can you people start posting all questions and things related to this DI in the main thread over in Stories and Tales? Having the information and conversations spread out over three posts can be confusing.

You might want to ask before messing around with the files. I've played through a few games with this older version of the mod and its buggy just in its base form so Verdian would prefer to know if we mess around more then with Worldbuilder.

I'm gonna give the anti melee promotion for all units with 5 or more XP (if the save doesn't get taken first!) as a reward for killing barbarians. Sound reasonable?

I'd say go ahead. We have to assume Verdian will take the save tomorrow so update the save and leave it on the story thread today.

Well I'm probably ahead of people, being in Australia, but I'm pretty sure Verdian is on a similar time zone (Japan) and he hasn't logged on or taken the save :(

Guess we wait another week, hope nothing serious has happened. But I also hope this doesn't die just as I came into it! :p

We'd built up a bit of momentum on discussions here. Now that the mortal turn is delayed, there's the risk that when Verdian does take his turn, we'll need to spend another couple of weeks rounding up/identifying the active Gods. To avoid this, we should try to keep the ideas and discussions flowing here.

If the Lanun go to war with the Clan or anyone else, will the Octopus Overlords/ Dallanin be buffing their army or providing troops?
A similar question could be asked of the Amurites when Esus triggers his war.
Will Sirona and Lugus be trying to reveal the true way out of hell before the Exodus through BW? There will be lots of falsehoods in the aftermath, so if it's left too late the truth will be buried.

Are there any other significant plot ideas that people have? Most of the world is still unexplored, so there's lots of scope for more terrain features.

I was actually about to post asking if any of the gods would be up for jumping ship into a new game with myself as the mortal if Verdian doesn't return in another week or two. But i'm probably just over eager :p

As for the different threads to persue that Lplate listed, Danalin the Water god is asleep so we can do anything Thematically with that religion. Personally I'd say just go for "crazies worshipping Cthulhu" and have them ruling the seas. It is an island after all. We can probably make a scene about the first creation of a drown. Those things are disturbing when described right. Not to mention the reactions of others when they realise range from horrifying to amusing. (The Vampires wondering why the Lanun are wasting food.)

Not much thoughts come to mind on the other two ideas. I know I'll buff Junil's Bannor a little, not much military wise just civilization stuff.

My main idea is the Fall from Neutrality of Cernunnos in whatever way it happens. (Fall as a Mortal, Fall to Evil, Fall to Good.) But that's more a story thread then one that can be played out on the world map.

I did have an idea, but it would totally fall under the Ice Sphere. I came up with the idea when reading about the other Archangels as I wanted to include as many as possible (Cernunnos, Sabethiel, Brigit, Cassiel etc.) and according to lore the Ice Gods Archangel Taranius (Think I spelled that one wrong) is still alive within Erebus.

He was locked onto an island by the Orb of Succellus during the previous Nature Gods battle with the Ice God Mulcarn. I figured the Orb could get removed somehow and then we have a Angel of Ice wandering around the world again. (There is even an appropriate unit figure.)

Plot wise we could link it into the rush for the ritual that summons a god someone mentioned they wished to make resurface. It could be akin to a rush to build up WMDs. Some Civilizations fighting over the ritual to summon a different god into Erebus, while others fight to help create a new Ice God as new God of Ice still has the permission to 'walk the earth' so to speak.

The four possible scions of ice, that could become a new Ice god are;
Auric Ulvin, Avatar of the Ice Precept
Taraius, Archangel of Ice
Barnaxus, Sentient Golum containing the Breath of Ice
Drifta, Dragon of Ice

I know its none of my business to mess around in the Ice Precept, and to be honest I'm mainly doing it to get another Archangel into the storyline as I enjoy having them around. But feel free to say this is too much if you think so,

Thoughts?

One problem about Taranis is that he's Taranis the unchanging. The other archangels were all created by gods who liked the idea of making humans, and as such they ended up more human-like and less bound to their precept than their gods are. Taranis, however, is the complete opposite: Mulcarn was the only god who didn't want humans to be made, and his archangel reflects this because Taranis is far less human-like than Mulcarn and is an embodiment of the ice sphere even more than Mulcarn. He has a machine-like mind, in which the concept of change is completely impossible. Taranis still acts as if Mulcarn is alive, because him being dead would be a change. In the modmods which have the Frozen civilisation (led by Taranis), this is represented by making him unable to move and unable to be promoted (though a crazily powerful defender for your capital). So this makes the idea of Taranis claiming the throne of winter for himself rather tricky, though I'm sure if we get Mulcarn joining that person could probably think something up.

Ravus - I call dibs on Camulos again if we do. I'm having fun here.

On Taranis though, I believe both the modmods I've seen him in he discovers that Mulcarn is no more he finds the brief flicker of Mulcarn that is in Auric. For a time he accepts Auric in lieu of Mulcarn, but then decides he wants the position of God of Winter for himself so he can re-winter the world. His goal, as I understand it, is to reclaim the throne and the divine precept so he can carry on where Mulcarn left off - though probably without much care for the Illians.

Top Bottom