Hex Yields

Boysclub

Chieftain
This is more of a question about preference. Do you guys like to play with hex yields/resource indicators/trade routes on? I generally like to have all the information I can handle at all times, but I think sometimes it takes me out of the beauty of the game if it is just so littered with hammers and apples. Whenever I look at SS without any of the info displayed it gives me a sense that it's a vibrant living world, and when I turn it on I go back to feeling like it's just a game. What are your thoughts?

Boysclub

I play with the hex grid on, resource indicators off, trade routes visible (I didn't even know those could be turned off!).

I play with the hex grid on, resource indicators off, trade routes visible (I didn't even know those could be turned off!).

I'm pretty sure trade routes can be turned off, I like 'em on to position my navy so those filthy barbarians don't go around plundering all my trade routes, not that it seems to stop those mongoloids.

I'm pretty sure trade routes can be turned off, I like 'em on to position my navy so those filthy barbarians don't go around plundering all my trade routes, not that it seems to stop those mongoloids.
Off Topic:Trade routes can be turned off.

On topic: I play with trade routes on and resource indicators on but when settling a city I turn on hex grid.

I play with resource indicators on, hex grid when founding new cities, and yields only for non military units.

Top Bottom