Hi all

jonathanes

Chieftain
Just found this forum, so thought I'd join up and wish all my fellow Colonization players a Happy New Year.

Bought my first PC in 1995 (Pentium I 150Mhz :lol: ) and bought Sid Meier's Colonization and Civilization at the same time. Never really liked Civ but have played Col on and off for last 12 years.

I have to confess, my game play is basic in that I always play the Dutch at the easiest level. My strategy is to build 38 colonies as quickly as possible, all with at least one ocean square and one ore resource and no overlapping then build them up as quickly as possible.

Just completed my most successful game ever over Christmas with (approx 40 hours?!) resulting in independence won by 1704 and a score of 128% and over 250,000 coins. No cheats either as I have only just read that there are cheats LOL

Very interesting to read there are so many modifications, where would everyone recommend I start?

:goodjob:

Hi jonathanes,
A belated welcome to civfanatics! Nothing wrong with playing on easy and taking your time to savor the game :). I don't typically play for a huge challenge.

If you want to try messing with modifications, you can check out my map a few posts down ;).

Hey would you believe it im a Jonathan too . I would say welcome but I have only just got here meself.

I have used all the Civs on Colonization ,but in all the many years I dont think I have ever gone past the Easy setting.

I have a WIN98 Dell Optiplex jobbie and a WINXP rebuild of a Compaq 5372EA in an ASUS case of which Colonize works on that , But strangely enough Col wont go onto my Vista comp , something to do with full screen mode.

Thread Hijacked

Top Bottom