Hide Strategic View - Icon Mode: Units

JOHN007

Chieftain
Hello,

Seems if you have too many factions the game bugs out with unit icons on the strategic view, very strange indeed and we cannot figure this out.

May I ask is it possible to remove the ''Units'' panel out of the strategic view icon mode list? So it just displays..

All
None
Resources
Improvements

Any help would be greatly appreciated thankyou very much for your time and hope to speak soon.

John

Update here.

Information from sman, there's a hard coded limit to how many 'Unit Icons' you can have loaded into the database, the limit is apparently 256 icons.

I'm very surprised that no-one has any sort of solution to this issue? I've found one thread which describes this issue but no fix.

We need to hide the units panel because as the turns increase the Strategic View spews more icons on the screen so there's a serious bug here.

We tried to edit the UnitPanel and Unitlist lua and we haven't got the slightest clue which parameter controls the Icon Mode' panels.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, if we can fix this issue the whole community can have as many factions as they wish.

Absolutely no way we are cutting 200 well made factions down to 50 no way what so ever.

Someone said that the Civ5 exe could hold the parameter of 256 unit icons so do we have permission to even edit the exe?

Friendly Bump.

If any Civ programmer would like to help out we will offer funds through Patreon no problem.

Time is money I understand, this is for the entire dedicated Civ5 community.

Thankyou.

Top Bottom