Historical Archive Of FFH Mods

copx

Chieftain
Historical Archive Of Civ4 Mods

There has been a problem with unmaintained Civ4 mods becoming unavailable
in the past. This archive is supposed to address this.

Available Mods

The following mods are currently available in the archive:

Wild Mana 8.34

The final version of Wild Mana, the predecessor to Master of Mana. However
Wild Mana is noticably different from Master of Mana and some people consider
Wild Mana to be the superior mod. It is certainly a complete, stable,
and fun mod.
This package is standalone and does not require a FFH installation.

Master of Mana 1.42g Hotfixed

The last version of Master of Mana before things "got crazy" as I like
to say. More balanced, complete, and less buggy than later versions.

Master of Mana 1.42g Hotfixed Xtended

Modmod of the above with more stuff and some changes.
This package is standalone and does not require a FFH or Master of Mana
installation.

Orbis 1.0b Hotfixed With Soundtrack

A beloved FFH modmod which is hard to sum up with a sentence or two. Just
try it!

Installation

All mods are repackaged as RAR5 archives with BLAKE2 checksums
i.e. you need WinRAR 5.x to extract them. Once WinRAR is installed
simply extract them to the mod folder e.g. assuming you installed
Civ4 to "C:\Games\Civ4": "C:\Games\Civ4\Beyond the Swords\Mods"

If you want to start a mod directly just create a new Windows shortcut with
a target like:

"C:\Games\Civ4\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" mod=\Orbis

Switching Between Mods

Remember that switching between mods in Civ4 might mess up the settings
of said mods. Always start a game with "Play Now!" (i.e. not "Custom Game")
once after switching mods to restore the mod's settings to their defaults.
Note that you do not actually have to play the game, just start it.

Enjoy! :king: :goodjob:

Thank you very much.
I normally have all those somewhere on my HD, but it's nice to know that there will be an archive in case the computer crashs !

By chance would you have somewhere FFH 1 ? and the first phase of FFH2? (there were 3 phases: light, fire and shadow.. I think "fire" was the first version of FFH2).

/regards

If you are interested I could provide one of the old versions of vanilla FFH2. I can't check the specific version right now (I'm not at home) but it was about 0.3x; one of the last versions which included guilds.

EDIT: I just realized that I could just check my own forum history to find it. The links that Bad Player gave me still work: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=13005909#post13005909

thanks terkhen... But I am mainly interested in FFH1 ...
it's the one that hooked me into the world of FFH :D
but 2 computers and 4 HD later, I lost it :/

unfortunately, Orbis file does not work.
I tried to download it several times, and every time I get info that the file is damaged :(

unfortunately, Orbis file does not work.
I tried to download it several times, and every time I get info that the file is damaged :(

Strange. After reading this I downloaded the file myself and tested the downloaded archive. Everything was fine.

Wait.. you did use WinRAR 5.x to extract it right? The instructions are not a suggestion there, this is necessary. Older versions of WinRAR do not understand the new format. Same thing is probably truly for any other program with ".rar file support" you might use. I doubt most/any of them support archives with BLAKE2 checksums.

By the way I put in those checksums to prevent this very issue, users ending up with corrupted archives I mean.

Please try extracting the archive with the current version of WinRAR: http://rarlab.com/download.htm

ok, thanks for info. I will try to unpack it with this program when I return home

Thanks copx!

This is a brilliant effort. I DL:d Orbis and it works just fine.

copx,

You are a gentleman (?) and a scholar. Thanks for doing this for the community.

You might consider including Fall Further, if you're doing a "historical archive." Yes, it was further developed as Rise from Erebus and, currently, Ashes of Erebus, but it does include the Jotnar in their original implementation -- that's actually the main reason I kept it, since RifE redesigned the Jotnar and then disabled the module pending a complete overhaul, so it's sometimes fun to play the original Jotnar.

I might be able to find the patch somewhere... but the changelog... I'm not sure

I'll look into my backup drive this evening

I guess you received it ;)

and for my archive, you wouldn't have a version of FFH1 or of "FFH2 Light phase" (the first complete version of FFH2 ?) (it's not really to play, but for completing the archives... I suppose that you don't have it as "light" ended in 2006, and FFH1.. years before that, before you joined CFC :( )

o.o that would be great... (I'm a squirrel on those subjects... I like to have those stocked somewhere... I had them once upon a time... but HDD destructions and PC migration lost them)

Top Bottom