History in the Making Earth Map 24 Civs [232 x 112]

Quoth the Raven

Warlord
*This earth map requires BTS and the mod History in the Making, which can be found in the Civ IV modpacks section.*

What is History in the Making? It is a mod created by Grave that adds a few more Civs, leaders, traits, units, and resources to Civ IV BTS without radically changing the game. It also allows up to 24 Civs to play at once. It is much superior to vanilla BTS in my opinion.

The earth map I used is a slightly modified version of the Gigantic Accurate Earth Map created by Laskaris. Here is his description of it:

"Unlike many other Earth maps for Civilization IV (including the official one), mine do not feature an artificially enlarged Europe and Japan or an artificially reduced Pacific ocean. Instead, I went for as much geographical accuracy as possible, within the limitations of the game. . . . I used a cylindrical equal-area projection with standard parallels at 37.3 degrees north and south of the equator (sometimes known as the "Hobo-Dyer projection"). All continents and oceans are depicted with their correct areas relative to each other. Australia really is three quarters the size of Europe, Africa really is 14 times the size of Greenland, and so on."

24 Civs are included with pre-placed capitals and realistic resources. I tried to include the most relevant Civs, but obviously some had to be cut to get it down to 24. Enjoy, and comment if you liked it or if there are balance problems.

Civ10.jpg
Civ11.jpg
Civ9.jpg

Attachments

• Earth 24 Civs HITM.CivBeyondSwordWBSave
    2.2 MB · Views: 803
Last edited:
This is one of better world maps for sure, europe is small and africa is huge like irl.

Top Bottom