HOF III December Gauntlet

DWetzel, del62, AutomatedTeller, Spoonwood
Thanks, I've red and understood all comments, and will keep on trying again :)

update:
This time better: ToA, Pyramids, HG (with SGL), MM, SC, KT are built. Before last 10 turns switched to republic to spend 9k of gold I've collected with feudalism:
Spoiler :

1485 AD, still far, but it's good enough for me, for now :)

looks like I will end up with a 800AD give or take - should finish it off tonight. May give it one more go, but unlikely to shave 20 turns of that!

yeah - pretty happy (was 800AD) - there is room for improvement

- only 1 SGL
- wasnt particularly agressive on the settling
- wasn't microing that hard
- was running worker light (about 20 at 20 cities, but still 20 for most of the game)

- culture growth was about 5per turn per turn through the settler growth phase
- culture growth was about 22 per turn per turn through the culture build phase.

but on the other hand
- dom limit was 1020 (hit 185 cities by the end)
- shape of the island was pretty special - 2 land masses joined by a narrow land bridge about 3 tiles long - than meant I could pretty much ignore japan.

Now all I need is anonther start with an SGL.

Need to focus on
- pre planned roads (roads in advance of settlers)
- prebuilds
- military campaign at the right time
- cash rushing settlers
- adding workers (and building enough in the first place)

After numerous starts got an SGL last night, for masonry, so we will see how it goes

looks like I will end up with a 800AD give or take - should finish it off tonight. May give it one more go, but unlikely to shave 20 turns of that!

Nope only managed 5 turns - will probably be my lot for the gauntlet - may try something different.

550 may well be possible, if not 500 or sub-500 with a high domination limit.

Yep 550 is definately possible, infact 540AD which I have had accepted.

3200BC SGL for Masonry (my only SGL)

by 2030BC I was 2 turns of Philosophy

in 1000BC I had 40 Cities, 5 settlers and 54 workers

here is a screenshot of my kingdom at 1125BC

Spoiler :

Temple of Artemis was hand built in 850BC and Statue of Zeus in 775BC

Though I never used an AC in anger

On reaching the Middle Ages I went for Engineering which I sel researched, then I gifted up two of my three scientific opponents getting feudalism and monotheism which allowed me to enter feudalism in 490BC

At this point I had 101 cities at this point I had 6 luxuries (one of which I had culturally aquired right next to a Babylonian city) 15 settlers and 106 workers.

I then reseached to Gunpowder and then Theology,

By 230 BC I had 4 turns left on the hanging gardens, 5 turns left on theology, 144 cities, 8 settlers and 129 workers, I had 7944 culture at 542 per turn.

The hanging gardens was completed in 170BC and I had 20 turns left on a sistine chapel pre-build with theology just two turns away.

In 10BC I had 16777 culture and was gaining at 948 per turn, I also had all luxuries hooked up, 158 cities 3 settlers and 132 workers.

Sistines chapel was built in 170AD.

By 250AD I had 166 cities and 134 workers, with 31713 culture and 1389 per turn.

Eventulally I built 4 more cities and acquired 2 in culture flips and ended in 540AD within 57 tiles of a dominationlimit of 1038, with 1774 culture per turn finishing on 80268 culture.

EDIt : I abbandoned my marketplace statergy for this game and only built two or 3 (one which should have been towards a colosseum but I didnt change it by mistake, I also acquied a longbow this way)

Nice game del62. I'd be interested to see what your empire looks like at the end of the game.

Nice game del62. I'd be interested to see what your empire looks like at the end of the game.

Here are some images

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

edit : i have updated first image to make more viewable, will update the others later

We're coming to the end of this gauntlet so get your last-minute entries in over the few hours.

I will do the update in the next 24 hours-any requests for the next gauntlet? Let us know if you have plans for a particular entry condition and fancy a bit of competition!

LOL, forgot all about my game for this. It was petering out anyway for a few reasons (mistimed my switch to expansion, map didn't quite leave as much room, and it's not my kind of game anyway).

Ok guys. Time's up on this one. Great games again, including the 2nd best 100K game in the HOF. :hatsoff:

Results:

Gold: del62 540AD

Silver Spoonwood 600AD

Bronze RFHolloway 750AD

4th Pacioli 1060AD

5th Braniac18 1485AD

The update and February gauntlet threads are on the way. In the meantime you might want to join Calis in sending my Deity Domination games tumbling down the tables. :D

Wow my first Gauntlet victory

Unfortunatley in my Deity Domination gauntlet attempt its already 400AD, I am now waiting till I get mil tradition before my next meaningful assault on AI.

Congratulations all!

Top Bottom