HOF Questions & Answers

Okay, try it now.
It works now "Status not checked" :)

But I got this error, don't know it's important or not.
Spoiler :
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/hofciv/public_html/civ5/include/submit.php on line 150

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/hofciv/public_html/civ5/include/submit.php on line 150

Thank you for submitting KDDEA_Askia_0074 BC-2150.Civ5Save.
Submitted: 2011-03-08 22:36:40

You may verify that your submission was received by checking the submission list.
Error 2:
Spoiler :

submit.php extractData

FileName= ErrorMsg=Bad loop count or string length at:

file position 54531

pattern line = 495

Error Parsing: http://hof.civfanatics.net/civ5/files/unchecked/18_70_RobertSmith_AD.Civ5Save

submit.php extractData

file position 9575

pattern line = 164

Error Parsing: http://hof.civfanatics.net/civ5/files/unchecked/18_71_RobertSmith_AD.Civ5Save
Thank you for submitting KDDM_Ramkhamhaeng_0043 BC-3355.Civ5Save.
Submitted: 2011-03-08 23:15:25

You may verify that your submission was received by checking the submission list.

It works now "Status not checked" :)

But I got this error, don't know it's important or not.
Spoiler :

Thank you for submitting KDDEA_Askia_0074 BC-2150.Civ5Save.
Submitted: 2011-03-08 22:36:40

I needed to add Polynesia to the list of DLC civs.

Error 2:
Spoiler :

submit.php extractData

file position 54531

pattern line = 495

Error Parsing: http://hof.civfanatics.net/civ5/files/unchecked/18_70_RobertSmith_AD.Civ5Save

submit.php extractData

file position 9575

pattern line = 164

Error Parsing: http://hof.civfanatics.net/civ5/files/unchecked/18_71_RobertSmith_AD.Civ5Save
Thank you for submitting KDDM_Ramkhamhaeng_0043 BC-3355.Civ5Save.
Submitted: 2011-03-08 23:15:25

This one is related to something wrong with a couple of your saves for that particular submission. I will have to research that after work tonight.

I needed to add Polynesia to the list of DLC civs.

This one is related to something wrong with a couple of your saves for that particular submission. I will have to research that after work tonight.
I submitted 2 games once more with no error, 2nd error was probably caused by me, too many submissions at the same time (18 of 20 was accepted)... Thy !!!

Thanks for getting HOF up and running :)

Already submitted a few games and I have a short question about the points system in the HOF. In the Civ 4 HOF various tables were split into subsections and wondered if it would be the same for Civ5 HOF. If I submitted two games, e.g. science win on prince and culture win on prince, would these count as two points (and bronze medal) for the prince table (and 1 each for science and culture) or will there be subcategories for each of these (1 point for each combo instead of overall total)?

I also wonder about the points and medal system for the VVV tables. 9 points for gold on tempi for example with only 4 speeds. Will it be a gold medal if 9 submissions are made on each speed (min 36 games) or just any 9 that covers all 4 speeds?

Another short question is how often you think the tables will be updated.

Whatever the answers, looking forward to a lot of fun with this HOF.

Thank you.

Thanks for getting HOF up and running :)

:goodjob: Yep, thanks Denniz!!!

In the Civ 4 HOF various tables were split into subsections and wondered if it would be the same for Civ5 HOF. If I submitted two games, e.g. science win on prince and culture win on prince, would these count as two points (and bronze medal) for the prince table (and 1 each for science and culture) or will there be subcategories for each of these (1 point for each combo instead of overall total)?

The points are for VVV, the normal tables work on medals. Each type of game victory/speed/size has (potentially) gold/silver/bronze medals to be awarded. These need 6/4/2 games to be in that table. So if you are the only science win on prince in the speed/size table you submitted in, you wouldn't get a medal. However if I also submitted a science win on the same settings and your game was better than mine, you would get a bronze medal and I get nothing :p. Hope that makes sense.

I also wonder about the points and medal system for the VVV tables. 9 points for gold on tempi for example with only 4 speeds. Will it be a gold medal if 9 submissions are made on each speed (min 36 games) or just any 9 that covers all 4 speeds?

The VVV points are the points awarded for the medals from the normal tables (ie a gold medal in the normal table would give you 9 points in VVV), you just need points in all categories of a sub-award to be eligible (ie all speeds to be eligible for Tempi)

Another short question is how often you think the tables will be updated.

On the 1st and 15th of the month, reminds me to get some gauntlets sorted out...

Just to be clear, a HOF table is defined by the combination of six categories: Victory Condition, Difficulty, Map Size, Speed, Map Type, and Leader. Each table has medals possible for both Fastest Finish (date) and Score. Medals are awarded if there are minimum number of submissions on the table. 2 games/players for the top game to get bronze , 4 games/players for the top 2 games to get silver and bronze. 6 games/players for the top three to get gold, silver and bronze. Only a player's best entry counts for any given table.

The VVV competition has the same six categories as the HOF Tables (Victory Condition, Difficulty, Map Size, Speed, Map Type, and Leader). A single game submitted to the HOF counts towards one slot in each category. You have to use all the possible combinations in each category to earn the VVV badge. (The biggest category is leader with 19. So I guess the minimum number of games would be 19. Assuming you work the combinations right.)

The rankings in the VVV competion are based on the medals you have earned for regular HOF tables. As you fill up the categories, more of your table medals will count towards your VVV rank.

About "League of Nations" I think I have submitted at least one win with all 19 leaders but status is "Noboby is close yet!"

Isn't Time victory a valid victory type for HOF Condition table (incl. in vvv Machiavelli)?

p.s check status, how is boby? Noboby is close yet! :) d.s

About "League of Nations" I think I have submitted at least one win with all 19 leaders but status is "Noboby is close yet!"
It really depends on when you submitted them. Only those in by the 15th update would show up. I think someone has to be within 2-3 for anything to show up. You will probably see something after the update on the 1st.

Isn't Time victory a valid victory type for HOF Condition table (incl. in vvv Machiavelli)?
It only shows up if you select "Date". It would be redundant to show it twice.

p.s check status, how is boby? Noboby is close yet! :) d.s
Boby isn't close yet. Don't you read? :mischief:

It would be redundant to show it twice.
OK, It makes sense and it works perfect. First I select Score when Time in the Condition drop list.
It really depends on when you submitted them. Only those in by the 15th update would show up. I think someone has to be within 2-3 for anything to show up.
I have 26 published (13/3 or earlier) wins with all (19) different leaders. All other tables works fine. So far there are only one submitting per settings, so no points but VVV seems to work as expected, except the League of Nations table. I know I missing small map => 4 of 5 maps completed, All speeds are completed => 4 of 4. I know I missing a Time victory => Machiavelli 4 of 5, I know I missing 3 maps => Nobody is closed

OK, It makes sense and it works perfect. First I select Score when Time in the Condition drop list.I have 26 published (13/3 or earlier) wins with all (19) different leaders. All other tables works fine. So far there are only one submitting per settings, so no points but VVV seems to work as expected, except the League of Nations table. I know I missing small map => 4 of 5 maps completed, All speeds are completed => 4 of 4. I know I missing a Time victory => Machiavelli 4 of 5, I know I missing 3 maps => Nobody is closed

Ok, I found and fixed the issue. Thanks. :goodjob:

I have problems with downloading old saves.
Code:
Oops! This link appears to be broken.
Suggestions:

* Go to civfanatics.net
    * Go to hof.civfanatics.net
    * Search hof.civfanatics.net for civ 5 getfile
Hm, I guess I hadn't put that out there, yet. Should work now. I can't guarantee that you will be able to open what you download. Depends on whether you have all the DLC that the player had.

Top Bottom