Honor, Discipline

TractorBoy

Prince
Having chosen the discipline Policy from the Honour policy tree whilst playing the vanilla version of the game you should get a 10% combat bonus when three warriors are attacking whilst being stationed adjacent to each other. This used to work perfectly well, but now it doesn't, this is yet further proof that some aspects of the Vanilla game have been broken at some point.

Please would you guys be considerate enough not to inform me what a great game BNW is, and in so doing suggest that I move on.

Well honestly, what are you expecting? The devs support the latest version of the game, are you asking them to still keep patching up errors that are in the vanilla version?

Well honestly, what are you expecting? The devs support the latest version of the game, are you asking them to still keep patching up errors that are in the vanilla version?

Well actually, I am talking about errors that have appeared since the likes of you and I joined this site.

EDIT - In the help menu it states that cows are supposed to be found on grassland only, you can now find them on a plains hill.

Well actually, I am talking about errors that have appeared since the likes of you and I joined this site.

EDIT - In the help menu it states that cows are supposed to be found on grassland only, you can now find them on a plains hill.

Well there's your problem. If you find cows on a hill, then 3 warriors don't give each other a 10% combat bonus. Working as intended.

Do you run any mods with that? In BNW, I never seen Cows on ANYTHING but on flat grassland. Evidently, these problems you speak of have been fixed with expansions/patches etc etc.

Honestly, this feels like someone complaining their Windows 95 isn't working properly in this day and age. Support for Vanilla has mostly stopped the moment G&K came out. Issues were fixed in later updates. It's that simple.

Do you run any mods with that? In BNW, I never seen Cows on ANYTHING but on flat grassland. Evidently, these problems you speak of have been fixed with expansions/patches etc etc.

Honestly, this feels like someone complaining their Windows 95 isn't working properly in this day and age. Support for Vanilla has mostly stopped the moment G&K came out. Issues were fixed in later updates. It's that simple.

It's different. It's like complaining that windows 95 was working perfectly fine, then as soon as a patch came out suddenly 95 was functioning wrong.

It's perfectly reasonable to expect a developer will make sure a patch works/doesn't break all versions of the game, not just the one that people have to pay the most for. I own BNW and highly reccomend it, but I can understand why this would be annoying.

Note: It's not an old issue. A patch has BROKEN previously working mechanics.

It's different. It's like complaining that windows 95 was working perfectly fine, then as soon as a patch came out suddenly 95 was functioning wrong.

It's perfectly reasonable to expect a developer will make sure a patch works/doesn't break all versions of the game, not just the one that people have to pay the most for. I own BNW and highly reccomend it, but I can understand why this would be annoying.

Yeah, well, here's the thing about this.

BNW is likely not getting anymore support. It's the current product. The one the devs have in mind for their final form of the game. If it's not getting support, what possible chance does the original incarnation of the game, which the dev team is probably universally unhappy with going to stand?

These vanilla threads are all fine and dandy, and probably legitimate complaints. But it's time to accept reality here. It's not going to be fixed. It's no longer a supported product. To use your analogy, Windows XP is here. Microsoft has stopped supporting Windows 95. That's entirely their prerogative, and it's entirely acceptable.

You don't have to like it, but you do have to accept the facts.

Thanks for your understanding of the issues involved here.

Right, but again, do you actually expect them to fix it by now? Support in general seems to have mostly stopped, leave alone for Vanilla. When did this issue first occur? Which patch caused it? With that in hand, you might be able to contact the devs and ask if something can be done. Or report it to bug reports, elsewhere on this forum. Just making a post like this isn't getting you anywhere.

Right, but again, do you actually expect them to fix it by now? Support in general seems to have mostly stopped, leave alone for Vanilla. When did this issue first occur? Which patch caused it? With that in hand, you might be able to contact the devs and ask if something can be done. Or report it to bug reports, elsewhere on this forum. Just making a post like this isn't getting you anywhere.

This, pretty much. I am not exactly sure what this thread aims to accomplish. Shouldn't it be in Bug Reports to actually have a chance of getting fixed?

Which patch caused it?

All I know is this - Some time just before Nov2012 there was a patch probably meant for the G&K version that some how seemed to mess up the Vanilla game in more ways than one. You talk about reporting to the bug section, well that was done and has been ignored by the programmers.

It could well be that in years to come the Vanilla version of Civ7 which might be perfect and well liked by all, then they bring out an inferior add on game that is full of bugs and the first patch messes up the game that we all like. I wonder what the reaction might be like in this scenario?

It could well be that in years to come the Vanilla version of Civ7 which might be perfect and well liked by all, then they bring out an inferior add on game that is full of bugs and the first patch messes up the game that we all like. I wonder what the reaction might be like in this scenario?

False analogy.

The honor discipline social policy in Vanilla seems the same as the honor discipline social policy in bnw because there isn't much of a change. The only real change visible here is the great general that is purchasable with faith once the whole social policy tree is completed. This change happened during the gods and kings expansion.

All I know is this - Some time just before Nov2012 there was a patch probably meant for the G&K version that some how seemed to mess up the Vanilla game in more ways than one. You talk about reporting to the bug section, well that was done and has been ignored by the programmers.

At that point, the devs will have made the error of breaking the new product, thus they'll be pushed to fix it. But you cannot expect them to keep fixing an almost 5 year old product anymore. Now don't get me wrong, I think it's not exactly good form to mess up the old version, but keep in mind that the Vanilla version of Civ 5 is loathed by many, including many of the devs, because they originally tried to make it Panzer General With Civilizations. G&K and BNW fixed this, so they focus on supporting the superior product. (And before you say "Well I dont think GK/BNW is superior, most do)

Why do you have such a problem with G&K and BNW anyway?

Why do you have such a problem with G&K and BNW anyway?

It's likely some type of OCD where he needs to get 100% achievements in vanilla or something before moving on to the next expansion, without realizing that when he runs into issues on a 5 year old game, no one's going to be around to help and/or care anymore.

There's nothing intrinsically wrong with wanting to do it that way, but you kinda do need to realize that you're the one making the choice to play the game in that manner. And you're not allowed to get militant about it when everyone replies to your problems with "Yeah, that sucks dude, but it's probably not gonna get fixed. Might as well just move on." There's not going to be a better answer here. Firaxis isn't going to pull some programmers aside and say "Okay guys, we've got an emergency here. TractorBoy has found some minor bugs in vanilla Civ 5, and we need to get a patch rolled out to address this before lunch...."

"That sucks, move on" is really the best answer here. Not simply because it's the easiest, but because it's the ONLY answer you're going to get.

The latest bug I have just found is an aqueduct not carrying 40% of food over. I purchased said aqueduct one turn before a natural growth.

Aaaaand you're ignoring all input/questions you're getting from us. I think we can safely presume at this point that you just want to vent and don't care otherwise?

Aaaaand you're ignoring all input/questions you're getting from us. I think we can safely presume at this point that you just want to vent and don't care otherwise?

The input I am getting from you guys is exactly what I stated I didn't need in my opening post of this thread.

There are a lot of Civ fanatics who enjoy older versions of the game, to that end Civ4 and Civ3 are still played by hundreds of thousands of people. My point here is; why does the programming for G&K have to interfere with the original game in an adverse manner?

It's likely some type of OCD where he needs to get 100% achievements in vanilla or something before moving on to the next expansion, without realizing that when he runs into issues on a 5 year old game, no one's going to be around to help and/or care anymore.

How did you know?

And you're not allowed to get militant about it when everyone replies to your problems with "Yeah, that sucks dude, but it's probably not gonna get fixed. Might as well just move on

Ah! so you have joined the throng of people (LOL), that think the annihilation of a game that we paid full price for "sucks".

Top Bottom