Honor, Discipline

Those who still play Civ 3 and Civ 4 usually play the "finished" product. The one with the expansions, maybe a pile of mods as well. They do not play a 33% finished product, which Civ 5 Vanilla is. Therein lies a big difference.

The latest bug I have just found is an aqueduct not carrying 40% of food over. I purchased said aqueduct one turn before a natural growth.

Aqueducts don't work like that. If I recall correctly, they take 40% of the food you produce towards the next citizen. They don't automatically reduce the price of the next citizen by 40%. They took 40% of the food you produced that turn and saved it towards the next citizen. Working as intended.

Ah! so you have joined the throng of people (LOL), that think the annihilation of a game that we paid full price for "sucks".

I don't pay full price for games. Sorry you do. Furthermore, there's SO much less content in the original game that there's absolutely no reason to keep playing it after knowing the better product is available. It's equivalent to continuing to drive cars from 1980's without airbags, power windows and air conditioning because you think you haven't quite done everything you could do with them yet. If you're not using the modern, best available product, you're the one that's suffering.

There are a lot of Civ fanatics who enjoy older versions of the game, to that end Civ4 and Civ3 are still played by hundreds of thousands of people. My point here is; why does the programming for G&K have to interfere with the original game in an adverse manner?
Programming is complicated. made difficult when a dev team pays no attention to best practices and code maintainability.

Still, even for how messed up the code is for this game, developments to code that regress other functionality can happen. It happens. It will ever happen.

Those who still play Civ 3 and Civ 4 usually play the "finished" product. The one with the expansions, maybe a pile of mods as well. They do not play a 33% finished product, which Civ 5 Vanilla is. Therein lies a big difference.

This. I also play Civ 3, but I play Play the World.

By the way, if one has G&K and BNW, one can disable them in order to play vanilla. I'm going to do that to get the Ottoman achievement that seems impossible to get otherwise. :lol:

They took 40% of the food you produced that turnand saved it towards the next citizen. Working as intended.

Complete and utter rubbish, you are such a condescending internet bully, you really ought to get your facts straight!

This forum is open to all Civ5 players and if I don't get a response from any other Vanilla players then so be it, I certainly don't need members like yourself taking my posts as an opportunity to try and get clever!!

I continued the game and the aqueduct problem became a non problem, none the less the loss at that particular time has a consequence when trying to gain a difficult achievement!!!!

Do you run any mods with that? In BNW, I never seen Cows on ANYTHING but on flat grassland. Evidently, these problems you speak of have been fixed with expansions/patches etc etc.

No I don't run any mods. My main issue here was highlighted in the initial post, I am just mentioning additional bugs that I have found since I started this post. These issues have not been corrected for the likes of BNW, they never were an issue back in 2012AD, they have only appeared since the advent of these two add on games.

Complete and utter rubbish, you are such a condescending internet bully, you really ought to get your facts straight!

This forum is open to all Civ5 players and if I don't get a response from any other Vanilla players then so be it, I certainly don't need members like yourself taking my posts as an opportunity to try and get clever!!

I continued the game and the aqueduct problem became a non problem, none the less the loss at that particular time has a consequence when trying to gain a difficult achievement!!!!

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=457541

Aqueducts don't work like you think they do.

I await your apology.

Sorry, I was wrong, you have dug up a piece of information that very few people could have been aware of. I wish you had explained this in more detail in the first instance.

No, you just wish you hadn't been caught on it. I told you they don't work like you anticipated they do, and instead of asking for clarification, you just told me I was wrong. The fault doesn't lie with me, or anyone else here. And that goes for your entire schtick of wanting to play a 5 year old game and then being irate when no one cares about non game breaking bugs or is able to fix them for you. Look at yourself and the attitude you present before you start telling other people that how they are REacting towards your actions are unacceptable.

Top Bottom