Horsemen with blitz, upgrade to Keshik, no blitz anymore?

seaofsorrow

Chieftain
Ok so i nursed my horsemen for a long time and got blitz on them, when i upgraded them to keshik they no longer had blitz. They still had the blitz icon on their bonuses but they would not attack twice, why?

Because blitz involves attacking with melee. Once you upgrade your Keshiks to Cavalry, they'll benefit from Blitz again. Ranged units require Logistics.

I think it has to do with the difference between Blitz and Logistics. While they both say attack multiple times per turn I think that Blitz only works for melee while Logistics works for both.

That is quite a few I thinks and not enough I know.

This is one of the most annoying things about vanilla Civ V. Promotions simply get lost when upgrading from melee to ranged or the other way. Thal's VEM mod fixes this (as well as do a dozen things well beyond that change the basic nature of the game).

Can you attack 3 times with Calvary upgraded from blitz horses and logistic kesik?

If I'm not mistaken blitz allows you to attack an limited number of times, while logistics only allows you to attack twice, so you would be able to attack 3 times with just blitz, but if you can't logistics will not add another attack since it only applies to ranged attacked not melee

Top Bottom