How am I getting four promotion Apostles?

In my current game, I'm going for a religious victory as the Aztecs, and have captured Sydney. I have Mont St Michel, and have moved fully promoted Moshka to Sydney, so each turn I should be able to buy two apostles with three promotions (Martyr from Mont St Michel, and I add Orator and Translator for maximal conversion power). However - and I've never seen this before and didn't believe it possible - these apostles get four promotions (so I add Debater, to be good on attack/defence as well as conversion). In all other cities, my new apostles get the standard three promotions. I was unaware that four promotions was legally possible (see, for example, https://civilization.fandom.com/wiki/Apostle_(Civ6)?so=search).

How is this possible? Is it a bug, a hidden "feature", or am I missing something?

Screen shot below.

1696674145478.png

There's no way that I know of in the game to get 4 with the base rule set (that is, the officially released DLC). You can get extra charges, but extra promotions are capped at 3. Martyr from Mont St Michel, then two more from training in a city with Moksha with the right upgrade active. Either something's buggy or you've got a mod that's making that possible?

It's something with this particular city. All cities get 2 promotions (Mont St Michel, plus 1), all other cities with Moshka get 3, but Sydney (and only Sydney) with Moshka gets 4.

I haven't chacked if Sydney without Moshka gets 2 or 3, and can't check now as the game is over and I've started a different one.

Could be a bug with the combat experience somewhere. Apostles start with enough combat experience just to get their initial promotion, so maybe there's some percentage modifiers at play here giving them enough XP for a second level.

Top Bottom