How are we going to win this game!

Yndy

Emperor
Since the game has not started I'm going to suggest to discuss our strategy for the game even before it starts. Which is right about now.

I'll say our main objectives are to go to the second phase. We're in a tough group with CDZ, GCA, CGN and the unknown C3Brazil.

This is not going to change. Or is it?

Anyway, I propose that as long as we do not brake the spirit of the game and the game rules, we make a long term alliance with another team, to get together to the finals (where we would still be allies to the end).

I'm open to discuss the issue or even reject it if you think it's not good. What I don't want is for us to end up in a position as in the MSDG where there's little to be done.

Early developement of ancient powerhouse cities, followed by a nonstop creation of Jaguar Warriors to make a huge, huge army and slave force, which will allow us to conquer and build new lands :D

Oh, and if we want and ally CDZ is the way to go! Either that, or eliminate them first.

Great thread, Yndy! Thanks for bringing this up. :)

I think that much of decision will be based on who we make contact with first. Let me try a rundown on the teams:

CDZ - Iroquois(Mounted Warrior)

With a name like the "Killer Wabbits, " my guess is that they do not plan to make many friends this game. Plus, since almost all the CDZ notables have in essence "defected" from CFC, they might get particular satisfaction out of removing us from the game. And if they are able to build their UU, they will be quite formidable.

In facing the Mounted Warrior, I believe that the best plan would be to bunker down, and take out any comers. I would also recommend a strong road network around our perimeter cities, so we have a chance to pick off their Mounted Warriors and retreat to safety. A few units sentried on nearby mountains will scout any ambush from CDZ.

By far and away, this is the team I am most worried about. Hopefully we can implement Hygro's plans to earn their begrudging respect, if not beat them outright. Only by holding our own can an alliance with CDZ even be considered.

GCA - Vikings(Berzerk)

As has been proven in the PTW IDG, this team is not to be trusted. I am of the opinion that an alliance with GCA will be on shaky ground and would not provide us the safety net we are looking for.

That said, if we come across GCA, we need to show no mercy and use our UU to the fullest. If we let them around long enough for Berzerks, we are in for a world of pain.

CGN - Celts(Gallic Swordsman)

If we meet CGN first, we may be able to convince them to join forces against CDZ. If not, we need to ready ourselves against a fierce UU in the Gallic Swordsman. I would most likely recommend the "bunker-down" method again, with Catapults guarding our perimeter cities.

Civ3 Brazil - Persia(Immortal)

Another Iron Working UU, and from a team we don't know much about. The Immortal is a bit slower, but packs a powerful punch. Hopefully we can play up the CDZ factor to gain an early alliance.

***CFC*** - Maya(Javelin Thrower)

Use our civ traits to the fullest! Build Settlers at the first opportunity, and build a strong road network with our Industrious workers. And don't forget about the Javelin Thrower. ;) I think that in the initial stages, we should build nothing but these three things. Unless we are on the coast, in which case a Curragh may be helpful.

Obviously there are many variables that can alter the effectiveness of these plans. It is important that we always maximize our strengths in any situation we encounter.

I would like to add we will want 1 or two barracks sort of early on, and we will want a granary earliesh too.

If we have a couple of forests, we can make one in short time (read my starting positions thread for how soon).

We need an alliance aginst CDZ at all costs, even if it means allying with GCA. I do not think milatary will be our best option. I say that our focus should be science with some other nations helping us with lower tech units. We should reaserch techs ourselves and give none away.

After we have built up our forces, we should immeditaely engage in 'agressive negotiations' with a neighboring civilization, unless that nation can help us 'promote peace' with CDZ or GCA.

Originally posted by Donovan Zoi
As has been proven in the PTW IDG, this team is not to be trusted. I am of the opinion that an alliance with GCA will be on shaky ground and would not provide us the safety net we are looking for.

Now hang on, that isn't very fair. Things in the PTW MSDG have soured between GCA in CFC, but that animosity should be kept within that game. We don't know which personalities from GCA are going to be running the show or what their strategy will be.

In the other game they played a certain gambit and elected certain ambassadors who conveyed a certain message and it went badly for them. I think that GCA should be trusted no more or less than any other team we meet up with in this game.

We also need to keep in mind that we have a lot of friends over on that GCA team (Eklektikos) that we don't want to alienate from playing on our team in future games. If any opinion should be taken from the other game it is that GCA knows how to use their military to its fullest potential.

For the record, deshelbr, I really have no feelings one way or another regarding GCA, as I wasn't active during most of our history with them. And who is to say that GCA won't bring our perceived injustices to the game and judge us as well? The best philosophy here is to be careful.

And by "not to be trusted," I do not necessarily mean that they are dishonorable, although I can see how that can be implied here. I merely meant that they may have a few tricks up their sleeve, as they did in the PTW game.

Perhaps my assessment of GCA should be downgraded to:

As has been proven in the PTW IDG, this team is a crafty bunch who may be out for revenge, although we ourselves are far above that.

Either way, I don't want Berzerks controlled by a human player(especially Lucky, who seems to be reprising his leadership role in this game ;) ) landing on our shores. It is as simple as that.

My assessment still stands, and GCA should be removed on sight. No grudge, just fact. :)

Well, IF we do start next to GCA, we should first build up a strong army before GCA ever gets the Invention tech.

Yes, we should smash our neighborts with our Javelin Throwers. :hammer::arrow:

Top Bottom