How Do you build YOUR stacks?

Tommy1234567890

Warlord
What do you fill your Ancient Stacks with?

Swords men?
Spears?
Archers/long bowmen?
Maces?
Axemen?
Chariots?

And how many of each

I ask because I am going to war against Greece I am the Romans so I have praetorians. I would like too see some of the best stack to build.

:)

How about spearmen? i often find ou that my praeorians cant stand a chance by the egyptian camels. I sent in 2 or 3 spears and wiped all the cammels out

Prets are great. Perfect allrounders when you give them the march promotion. If you're fighting large stacks/walled cities think about catapults. Collateral damage is really great, even if your artillery does not survive.

I think you don't have any ivory, so my way doesn't fit for you.

75% War Elephants, 25% Catapults.

Well, praets and elephants are equally strong and you have catapults, so you could win your war.

I used my stack in my game as Persia. First I built Spearmen against the northern barbs, until I remembered that I have ivory. So I built Elephants. Many elephants. I won the horse archers. When Arabia spawned, I countered their Camel Archers with cheap Elephants(they are better against Camels than knights!). And razed Mecca with assistance of cats.

I'd typically use a couple spears in my praetorian stacks, not because they are much better, but since they'd most likely always be at full health and ready if something mounted come, and not hurting my precious praetorians. :)

Top Bottom